• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question What's the max resolution available at present for this content?

Lowpro

Would you like to know if specific content is available in HD via AnyStream and if so, via which provider(s)? If so, inquire here. Other forum members with access to said content can then chime in letting you know. That being said, I'll get things started. See below. 😉

Is "Taxi (1978-1983)" available in HD on Paramount Plus?
I subscribe to Paramount Plus through AmazonPrime. The max resolution for this TV series via AnyStream and AmazonPrime is 768x576 (SD, 1.33:1). I'd like to know if the TV series is available in 1440x1080 (HD, 1.33:1) if accessed via AnyStream and Paramount Plus. When streaming the TV series using the Paramount Plus app on my Apple TV the "Info" option for a given episode calls out "HD". I'm not sure if this is really true though. I don't have an AnyStream Plus license unfortunately or I'd confirm on this myself. My current license expires on July 1st so I wouldn't think of upgrading to AnyStream Plus prior to then.

(I'm presently authoring this TV series to Blu-ray. You can follow my progress over at the Doom9 forums, here.)

Last edited:
When I type "Taxi", nothing comes up for Germany. Neither the website or AS. And I don't think "The Last Buffalo" is what you are looking for (it's the only thing that comes up) 😉

Ah, so only Season 1 so far. Good to know. I need to renew my AnyStream license on July 1st anyway. Might as well join the AnyStream Plus crowd. One season in HD is better than no seasons in HD. Hopefully the TV series makes its way to Blu-ray in the near future. Paramount has been on a roll as of late, i.e. "The Andy Griffith Show", "Frasier" and "Cheers". ;)

wait, taxi has been remastered? but no bluray release? wow. nice. btw, dallas is also getting the 1080p treatment, but so far ive only seen it on itunes. dynasty has been remastered for a long, long time, but AP still carries only SD with the exception of s05, which is weird tbh. i was missing only s05 in 1080p and for some reason AP US had it, but other seasons were SD. afaik, even itunes had it in only SD a few months back. VIASAT or whatever its called in the nordics has the entire series in HD. oh, im getting slightly off topic. sorry. cheers.

wait, taxi has been remastered? but no bluray release? wow. nice. btw, dallas is also getting the 1080p treatment, but so far ive only seen it on itunes. dynasty has been remastered for a long, long time, but AP still carries only SD with the exception of s05, which is weird tbh. i was missing only s05 in 1080p and for some reason AP US had it, but other seasons were SD. afaik, even itunes had it in only SD a few months back. VIASAT or whatever its called in the nordics has the entire series in HD. oh, im getting slightly off topic. sorry. cheers.
From the earth to the moon has been remastered in 4k hdr and dv aswell

I downloaded that series from Amazon Frevee. It has the first season in 1440x1080 but every other season is in 720x576. The episodes look good, especially the first season.
Would you say the 576p is better than DVD quality? If so, I'll dump my 480's and grab the 576 (DVD rips are about 400mb).

Would you say the 576p is better than DVD quality? If so, I'll dump my 480's and grab the 576 (DVD rips are about 400mb).
I'd be surprised if you saw any improvement at all. Well, with respects to Seasons 2-5. It's still DVD quality video. Season 1 is a different story though. Season 1 is available in HD (1440x1080, 1.33:1 matted to 1920x1080, 1.78:1) directly from Paramount Plus as has been mentioned. Season 1 by way of AmazonPrime's Paramount Plus channel is limited to 768x576 (SD, 1.33:1) at present. That being said, the AmazonPrime Paramount Plus channel offering it's clearly sourced from the HD versions available from Paramount Plus directly. I wasn't aware of this at the time. Season 1 looked so good at 768x576 (SD, 1.33:1) that I decided to author the entire series to Blu-ray. I've done Seasons 1 and 2 so far. Just took a look at Season 2. The video quality is pretty rough. I can't image the DVD's looking this bad. Going to hold off authoring the rest of the series to Blu-ray for the time being. Just purchased the complete series on DVD for $20. If/when Seasons 2-5 are available in HD I'll gift the DVD's to my parents.

Last edited:
It's still 1080p. I doubt you will see significant different between these two resolutions.
Yes, Season 1 directly from Paramount Plus is in HD, i.e. 1440x1080 matted to 1920x1080. Jimc115 was inquiring about the SD streams as compared to DVD rips though. My response was to that though I should have been more clear. (I've since edited my prior post for clarity.) The current Season 1 streams will be superior to any DVD rips. The current Season 2 through Season 5 streams won't be.

Last edited:
The ones I downloaded in HEVC I think look better then a DVD. You could download a couple episodes and compare the two.

576p isn't better than dvd quality, it IS dvd quality. It's technically not quality at all, it's the PAL video standard resolution. NTSC uses 480p

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

I've used this commercial site as an initial "shopping" reference on many a hunt.
Its been occasionally helpful in saving some time from searching multiple sites.
I don't have enough experience to rate their accuracy or timeliness of listings.

The TAXI listing as an illustration:

1685937167910.png

576p isn't better than dvd quality, it IS dvd quality. It's technically not quality at all, it's the PAL video standard resolution. NTSC uses 480p

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
I know that but I think HEVC looks better because of the enconding. I downloaded both AVC and HEVC and I think HEVC looks better. Download one of each and compare the two. You can tell the difference. I know Pal is for Europe and NTSC is Us. Both versions play so that doesn't make a difference to me.

Well, I have direct access to Paramount Plus via AnyStream now. My regular AnyStream license expires on July 1st. Decided to go ahead and purchase a lifetime AnyStream Plus license this evening. Downloading Season 1 of Taxi in HD as we speak. Should offer some improvement over the scaled down versions I downloaded from AmazonPrime's Paramount Plus channel. And I must admit, the addition of the download queue with AnyStream Plus is pretty sweet. ;)

Back