• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion What's around the corner?

What's a subchannel?

I'm in the UK and there are lots of 'normal' channels... Paramount+, BritBox, ITVX, Acorn, Freeze, ArrowTV, StudioCanal to name a few.
Subchannels are subscription channels that you can access with Amazon Prime, basically the same channels you mentioned. Although it does appear that what channels are available are going to vary based on what country you are in.

In Sweden, nothing to avail but tab is there.. so maybe in a near future but yeah it kinda sucks being excluded .. we cant utilize paramount in AS either so showtime is showtime, a provider that actually became much better, they had a terrible launch though, it was laughable first weeks how bad it was :D .. but quite nice now (y)

sshot-1.png

This isn't a "good thing around the corner" we can look forward to, but Warner Bros. Discovery will merge HBO Max and Discovery+ and will use the Discovery+ back-end platform instead of HBO Max's platform after the libraries merge. Depending on how that goes we definitely could see challenges with HBO Max in AnyStream ... new interface for sure ... I think supposed to be happening Spring 2023 or so.

I have not seen any evidence they have chosen a specific platform. Both have their issues and have lots of room for improvement. Presumably they will come up with something new when this merger of services actually occurs. When they start beta testing, we should know then.

In Sweden, nothing to avail but tab is there.. so maybe in a near future but yeah it kinda sucks being excluded .. we cant utilize paramount in AS either so showtime is showtime, a provider that actually became much better, they had a terrible launch though, it was laughable first weeks how bad it was :D .. but quite nice now (y)

Although i have a lot of channels available in Canada, there were a few i couldn't get. So i did the following:

Now i can download from Amazon Prime Channels that aren't available in Canada (Showtime, AllBlk, Boomerang, Hi-Yah! and others i forget)

Yes it works in AnyStream... contrary to what the official line is regarding VPN.

I have not seen any evidence they have chosen a specific platform. Both have their issues and have lots of room for improvement. Presumably they will come up with something new when this merger of services actually occurs. When they start beta testing, we should know then.
I've seen numerous tech articles about the merger stating that the new CEO Zaslav's preference is for the Discovery+ back-end. Here's one article from IndieWire, the emphasis below is mine:

HBO Max has better features, but it’s been plagued by technology issues. Discovery+’s app is highly rated by consumers, but has limited features, said WBD’s CEO and president of global streaming and games JB Perrette. The company will rely on the solid tech underpinnings of Discovery+ to create a better consumer experience.

Until it rolls out, we won't know anything of course...

Back