• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What's a challenging movie?

lordvader

I was curious to know what movies people have most problems copying. I am always looking for a challenge , because I experiment with different types of software together with AnyDVD. I've done a perfect complete Madagascar and alot of other Disney! If I do find something, I will be sure to let you guys know. Thanks, I appreciate it!

Everyone has been complaining about Saw III, but the latest update to AnyDVD may have fixed it. I'm not sure. I haven't tried it. That's not my kind of movie........... :)

Haven't found one yet - Saw3 was a tiny challenge but not much on my end.
I usually uncheck all the stuff I don't want or the files showing blank in Clone I had no problems. Clone popped up trying to repair dvd structure on a few unchecked ones clicked cancel - and that was that. Used 6.1.1.1.

The ones that have been the biggest challenge to me are the scratched up ones.

Same here...SAW III was a minor pain in the arse. I have yet to run across something I could not backup. Of course there's the issue of cycle redundancy errors that are generally caused by scratched/dirty discs. Usually not much hope with these pesky creatures.

:bowdown: :bowdown: SLYSOFT:bowdown: :bowdown:

I use a aircraft plexy-glass polish to repair the scratched ones.

Please be more specific. Is the polish in a spray can and do you spray it on and then wipe from center to the outside?

I have run into scratched disks and not been able to copy them very well and have been wondering about the scratches. I assume the polish fills the scratches and lets the laser read over them without stopping?

Thanks for any details...

Hmmm... sounds like an item that's not too easily found.
I've had great success repairing scratched discs with Brasso.
Just did a search on it and found this on wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brasso

Brasso is also used to polish CDs, DVDs and other optical discs, in order to repair scratches. It is a mild solvent and a mild abrasive, so when applied to the reflective surface of the disc and rubbed radially (in straight lines between the edge and center), it can smooth scratches and reduce their effect. Although the effect is invisible to the naked eye (and often makes the surface look more opaque), it can tremendously improve the ability of many disc drives to read the disc.

Brasso has also been used to polish out scratches on the reverse side of iPods and similar MP3 players

SinCity

Anyone make a successful copy? Tried a while back and didn't have any audio stream... but that was 2 CloneDVD and 4-10 AnyDVD revisions ago. :agree:

Just wanted to know if anyone out there has made a good copy using CloneDVD & AnyDVD.

TIA!

"Crest" brand toothpaste gel works good too, for those on a budget. Just get a wet cotten ball (not a synthetic one), wet it, apply small dot of toothpaste and polish in circles for a few minutes, wash, wipe with 95% or higher Isopropyl Alcohol.

Lords of Dogtown was the most difficult for me...hell, it's the one that prompted me to buy AnyDVD.

All the others have been easy peasy.

I'm havein trouble with 2 movies. Open season , and Catch a fire.
anyone able to helpout? i use dvd shrink and dvd decryptor.

i use dvd shrink and dvd decryptor.

You need either AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 to do Open Season or Ripit4me...not familiar with Catch a fire. AnyDVD and DVD Shrink aren't getting along very well these days so you will need to use Nero Recode or CloneDVD2 instead of DVD Shrink.

"Crest" brand toothpaste gel works good too, for those on a budget. Just get a wet cotten ball (not a synthetic one), wet it, apply small dot of toothpaste and polish in circles for a few minutes, wash, wipe with 95% or higher Isopropyl Alcohol.

What!!!!! NO FLOSS????:doh:

Back