• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What's a challenging movie?

I got open season to work with clonedvd. but catch a fire is still not working. but thanks for your reply!

Open Season will not copy

You were wondering what movie won't copy tried Open Season will not copy any ideas? Donna:

lately iv had trouble with Pirates of The Carribean DMC, Click and Inside Man. Also anything Sony Pictures really, but this was all before i got the anydvd update-6.1.3.0- havent tried any of these yet again tho since, but had no problem with Saw III and my old Anydvd.(only took main movie and some bonus features tho...)

lately iv had trouble with Pirates of The Carribean DMC, Click and Inside Man. Also anything Sony Pictures really, but this was all before i got the anydvd update-6.1.3.0- havent tried any of these yet again tho since, but had no problem with Saw III and my old Anydvd.(only took main movie and some bonus features tho...)

Anydvd/Clonedvd and Anydvd/Clonecd work with all of those titles.

If AnyDVD cannot work those titles on its own then AnyDVD has not totally beat it. Am I right or am I right?

Perhaps you could point me in the direction of a program, much less a driver, that decrypts the new Sony stuff on the fly?

The only exception in that list is Saw 3, by the way.

But yes, I believe Anydvd ripper should be updated (in my opinion) to address Shrink.

Last edited:
Just found a challenge. "Zoom: Academy of Superheroes" Kids movie. Continues to say can't read from drive d:\

I'm using AnyDVD 6.1.3.0 with DvdShrink 3.2. I was able to burn 2 more movies after these attempts, so I know it's nothing wrong with the computer. Please help. My son will thank you.

But yes, I believe Anydvd ripper should be updated (in my opinion) to address Shrink.

Like I've said:

"Old as it is...Shrink is still the de-facto standard. If it don't work with Shrink - then it just don't work right."

-W

Perhaps you could point me in the direction of a program, much less a driver, that decrypts the new Sony stuff on the fly?

The only exception in that list is Saw 3, by the way.

On the fly is good but unless I am viewing the DVD, I just wish to rip it. So I don't really care for the on-the-fly bit as long as I can rip the DVD and return it to its most compliant, legal state.

Like I've said:

"Old as it is...Shrink is still the de-facto standard. If it don't work with Shrink - then it just don't work right."

-W
DVD Shrink loads only legal/compliant files. It is a good program to check if the files were ripped nicely, with no remnants of the shoddy copy protection schemes left over.

Just found a challenge. "Zoom: Academy of Superheroes" Kids movie. Continues to say can't read from drive d:\

I'm using AnyDVD 6.1.3.0 with DvdShrink 3.2. I was able to burn 2 more movies after these attempts, so I know it's nothing wrong with the computer. Please help. My son will thank you.

read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=885 fully please

"If you just want the main movie, do this:
Right click on Anydvd on the toolbar, and select "rip-video dvd to harddisk". After you're finished ripping you should be able to import the main movie only into Shrink (Click "reauthor" and then browse to the location of the video_ts folder. Then drag and drop the main movie over to the left)."

On the fly is good but unless I am viewing the DVD, I just wish to rip it. So I don't really care for the on-the-fly bit as long as I can rip the DVD and return it to its most compliant, legal state.

To each his or her own, I guess . . .

Nothing comes close to speed, quality, and convenience for me with Clonecd/Anydvd and Verbatim +R DL. And those three factors are what I care about most. Some people seem to believe I have an interest in pushing Slysoft products; I'm not being paid to be a mod. And as far as I'm concerned nothing comes close to touching Anydvd/Clonecd/Verbatim+R DL. Nothing.

But, obviously, the real strength of Anydvd has always been for HTPC users, in my opinion.

I agree that a lot of people love and use Shrink (and I may be in the minority even on this board for believing that), and I think a lot of Shrink users may have originally bought Anydvd to use with Shrink, so I am certainly sympathetic (and Slysoft may not be terribly happy with me saying this) to the request that something be done for Shrink users.

I also think my opinion concerning Clonedvd is well established both here and on Cdfreaks (concerning its transcoder quality), so I'm not sure I understand why there's a need to jump down my throat for stating a fact that Anydvd and Clonedvd can produce full backups of the Sony Accros junk (or that Anydvd/Clonecd can as well for that matter). So can Anydvd +1Click, Anydvd + DVD neXt COPY and DVD95 Copy, and possibly others.

I do happen to use Anydvd and like it (a lot).

Last edited:

Nothing comes close to speed, quality, and convenience for me with Clonecd/Anydvd and Verbatim +R DL. And those three factors are what I care about most. Some people seem to believe I have an interest in pushing Slysoft products; I'm not being paid to be a mod. And as far as I'm concerned nothing comes close to touching Anydvd/Clonecd/Verbatim+R DL. Nothing.

But, obviously, the real strength of Anydvd has always been for HTPC users, in my opinion.

I agree that a lot of people love and use Shrink (and I may be in the minority even on this board for believing that), and I think a lot of Shrink users may have originally bought Anydvd to use with Shrink, so I am certainly sympathetic (and Slysoft may not be terribly happy with me saying this) to the request that something be done for Shrink users.

I also think my opinion concerning Clonedvd is well established both here and on Cdfreaks (concerning its transcoder quality), so I'm not sure I understand why there's a need to jump down my throat for stating a fact that Anydvd and Clonedvd can produce full backups of the Sony Accros junk (or that Anydvd/Clonecd can as well for that matter). So can Anydvd +1Click, Anydvd + DVD neXt COPY and DVD95 Copy, and possibly others.

I happen to use Anydvd and like it (a lot).
You know my opinion on this matter. I just don't think it is right when people say, "if you want to use DVD Shrink, AnyDVD can rip it easily. On the proviso you rip with CloneDVD first". It feels wrong to me.

That is all.

note: I love AnyDVD aswell. I've used it for all my backups. My only want is for this program to be improved where it is failing. I think we're on the same page :)

You know my opinion on this matter. I just don't think it is right when people say, "if you want to use DVD Shrink, AnyDVD can rip it easily. On the proviso you rip with CloneDVD first". It feels wrong to me.

If you believe I'm saying that you're misunderstanding me (and misquoting me). I am just explaining a possible workaround (and I'm not about to overwhelm myself by providing tech support for other third party decrypters in the Anydvd forums).

And as far as Shrink compatibility goes, we probably are in agreement.

Last edited:

You may be a minority on this board if you believe that, but not out in the real world. Shrink even ran a close #2 on the poll conducted on this board, which is clearly a cloistered subset of all the the users out there. I do think all 3 of us are kinda on the same page here overall and in heart.

Where I agree with the other fellow, is that people saying a good workaround is to *buy* CloneDVD2 - really sticks in my mouth because all it does is reward a failure of sorts. (something my personal code never allows)

So every time a user, a moderator, or a Bunnyrip pops up singing the CloneDVD2 mantra, it's up to guys like me, and linx05, and the others who have strong feelings on this issue to pop up and speak - just to keep the record balanced - and to keep people who just don't wanna buy CloneDVD2 from feeling they are somehow doing something wrong. Yes I still like AnyDVD a whole lot - but I used to love it.

-W

Last edited:
Where I agree with the other fellow, is that people saying a good workaround is to *buy* CloneDVD2 - really sticks in my mouth because all it does is reward a failure of sorts. (something my personal code never allows)

The limitation is being able to do it "on the fly".

So every time a user, a moderator, or a Bunnyrip pops up singing the CloneDVD2 mantra

People do have the right to like Clonedvd2 as much as Shrink fans like Shrink. Please keep that in mind the next time you attack Bunnyrip.

PLEASE NOTE: It's not a personal attack on Bunnyrip.
If you do a quick search you'll see that over 90% of its posts are just the same damn sentance. Over, and over, and over, and over.. Kinda like an unpaid shill. :D

Of couse people can like CloneDVD2. It has it's own forum even. But out in the AnyDVD forum, I don't consider it a sacred cow - just another wannabe. In the AnyDVD forum it's often (mis)used to give AnyDVD an unearned absolution from recent sins.

-W

Last edited:
Back