• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What the heck? Clone DVD won't burn onto DL DVD's...

CaptainHawk1

I've used AnyDVD and Clone DVD for several years. I got two spindles of Ridata 2.4x 8.5 GB DL DVD's and when I go to burn onto them using Clone DVD I keep getting a bad media error message before any information is even burned to the discs.

I take the same discs out, copy onto them using Nero and I have no problems.

So what's the friggin' deal with Clone DVD (which I prefer)? I know it's been suggested not to use Ridata media but Clone DVD isn't even trying and again I have no problems at all using the alleged bad media with Nero.

-Shawn

That stuff isn't only not recommended, it's advised against.

When you use junk blank media you should expect problems. Use Verbatim +R DL (made in Singapore) or MAM-A 8x +R DL only.

Use a 2x burn speed, and update your burner's firmware if available.

Also click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15537 and read fully

That stuff isn't only not recommended, it's advised against.

When you use junk blank media you should expect problems. Use Verbatim +R DL (made in Singapore) or MAM-A 8x +R DL only.

Use a 2x burn speed, and update your burner's firmware if available.

Also click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15537 and read fully
Thanks for that but as I've pointed out it's not even getting that far. I put the blank media in, before it attempts to write anything it gives me the bad media error. I use the same disc (the alleged bad media) I used with Clone DVD with Nero, no problems.

-Shawn

It doesn't make any difference "how far you get". You didn't read what I wrote.

I also don't care what Nero does or doesn't do. What I wrote still applies.

Update your burner's firmware and remove packet writing junk (or other bad filters) from your system.

Use better blank media. Use a 2x write speed.

Last edited:
Ridata is pure garbage.

Ridata can cause lot of trouble. Personally I had to before I switch and most of the time they don’t burn, or if burn they usually stop working as soon as minor scratch come in. In some cases within a year. Stick with what webslinger said you will be happy camper.

It doesn't make any difference "how far you get". You didn't read what I wrote.

I also don't care what Nero does or doesn't do. What I wrote still applies.

Update your burner's firmware and remove packet writing junk (or other bad filters) from your system.

Use better blank media. Use a 2x write speed.
I read what you wrote, I just thought you weren't addressing the issue. Sorry.

Anywhoooo... you don't have to be so mean. :(

I'm going to just return the media but I did update the firmware because I realized that I hadn't done it when I put in a new hard drive in 2006 and reloaded windows.

As for the packet writing junk/filters I don't know a thing about those nor do I know how to remove them. What I like about Slysoft's products is that they really don't require anything more advanced on my part other than putting the discs in and following the prompts, so this all new to me. Your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Anywhoooo... you don't have to be so mean. :(

That is not my intent. I'm just straightforward (blunt).

Your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put anoriginal movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

OK, I downloaded ImgBurn and followed the instructions and I have found several filters: Pfc, Elby Delay, Pxhelp20, AnyDVD, imapi.

===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.1.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook
Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: Pfc
Lower Class Filter: ElbyDelay
Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Device Filter: imapi

Filter Name: redbook
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108 )
File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.5512
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: Pfc
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\pfc.sys
File Version: 2, 5, 0, 202 [2.5.0.202]
File Description: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
Product Name: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
Product Version: 2, 5, 0, 202 [2.5.0.202]
Company Name: Padus, Inc.
Copyright: (C) Padus, Inc. 1999-2001. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: ElbyDelay
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
File Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
File Description: Elby Delay Lower Filter Driver
Product Name: CDRTools
Product Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
Company Name: Elaborate Bytes AG
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2003 - 2006 Elaborate Bytes AG

Filter Name: PxHelp20
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
File Version: 2.03.28a [2.3.28.0]
File Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
Product Name: PxHelp20
Product Version: [2.0.0.0]
Company Name: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions

Filter Name: AnyDVD
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
File Version: 6.4.2.2
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.4.2.2
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2008 SlySoft, Inc.

Filter Name: imapi
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108 )
File Description: IMAPI Kernel Driver
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.5512
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Now, I'm assuming I don't want to remove the Elby or the AnyDVD. Do I want to remove the rest?

-Shawn

You may want to remove "pfc" from your filter stack using the "Remove selected filter" button in imgburn. Then you need to reboot.
Keep in mind that whatever installed pfc will likely no longer work properly.

However, I suspect, that's unlikely to resolve your issue.

Also, I recommend updating Anydvd.

Follow these steps in the order that they are listed (step by step):

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.2.6 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6426.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

4. Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.7: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD2917.exe

5. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

6. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

Back