• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What speed does your xbox360 drive rip at?

Jont

I've noticed that my sata dvd drive rips a normal dvd to the hard disc at 11mb/sec using anydvd. The xbox 360 drive averages around 4.65mb/sec. Anyone know why its so much slower? Is it the speed of the drive itself or is it because its connected via USB? Or is it because the discs are more difficult to rip?

I've noticed that my sata dvd drive rips a normal dvd to the hard disc at 11mb/sec using anydvd. The xbox 360 drive averages around 4.65mb/sec. Anyone know why its so much slower? Is it the speed of the drive itself or is it because its connected via USB? Or is it because the discs are more difficult to rip?

I've noticed the slow rip speed as well. I think it's typical for current HD DVD drives.

Maybe that's why Microsoft hasn't made a XBOX 360 with an internal HD DVD drive. It wouldn't be good for playing games.

Just fitted a pioneer sata blu ray reader... rips at around 8.6mb/sec. Better than the 360 drive... but still >1 hour to rip a HD film.

My 360 drive rips between 5 and 10MB/sec.

Last edited:
Back