What program can I use to copy a dual layer disc

Discussion in 'CloneCD' started by Dollarb29, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Dollarb29

Dollarb29 New Member

I need some info I've just bought some dual layer discs to try out. I've been using DVD Shrink and I won't need this program. I need a program that that will burn the processed video to these discs. Can I use Nero for this?

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

I use and recommend this method: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

3. Zeratul

Zeratul Well-Known Member

i just use nero. copy disc feature. works great. (should basicaly the the same as webslinger's method, just with a different prog)

4. Webslinger

In one instance, that Nero method will fail (ex. The Lookout . . . but that is the only case I'm aware of). Clonecd is a more powerful disc copier.

5. Zeratul

agreed. it was made to get copy copy protections after all.

ot - would alcohol 120 have a problem with lighthouse? /ot

6. Webslinger

Alcohol 120% does not retain the original layer break position with Anydvd and +R DL blank media (at least, according to one of their reps. I didn't want to waste a Verbatim +R DL blank verifying what he wrote either, so I'll take his word for it.) I would imagine the backup would work, but the whole point in my using Clonecd is to retain the original layer break position.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  7. Zeratul

thats odd that it doesnt retain the original layer break. it supposed to make 1:1 copies, same as clonecd.

oh well. im not too excited to waste a dvd either.

ive never used clonecd, but as long as it works....