• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What kind of burner is this?

ZARTT

Hello All:
I have registered copies of AnyDVD 6.1.1.4, and CloneDVD2 2.9.0.3.
I am a long time user of the Slysoft products, having first purchased AnyDVD when it was at level 4.0.4.1 (41 updates ago).
I have always used high quality T/Y media in both of my burners, and so far any copying, or ripping glitches that I ran into, I have always been able to work around.
Invariably, Slysoft always would come out with a release, that solved the glitch within a week or two.
Now I have run into a wall trying to backup both of my copies of Crank, and Cars.
I have two burners that I needed to update the F/W in, they are:
1.) Toshiba SDR5372 V D/L ( F/W update went fine)
2.) Polaroid IDE1004 DVD R/W. (I would like to upgrade the F/W in the Polaroid, but I can't find it anywhere on their website. They don't even admit to having made it, or even OEM'ing it).
Have any of you guys run into this drive?
Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
Art.

There doesn't seem to be much on that drive anywhere... maybe it's just a rebadged drive from somewhere else. How exactly does the Device Manager describe it? Or perhaps you can use something like DVDInfo Pro to get the exact ID string.

Hi :)
Welcome to the forum ZARTT.:clap: :agree:
How about the f/w.
Often that helps to work out the real identity of a drive.

I "think" your Polaroid IDE1004 DVD R/W is a SONY DRU510 but info for that drive is, as you have already found out, almost nonexistent.
I assume the PC is a store bought unit? Perhaps the PC manufacturer could be of some help.

Poloroid IDE1004 DVD R/W

My P/C is a home made with:
Soyo P4X400 Dragon Ultra MOBO.
2.4 P-4 chip
2.5 G of RAM DDR400
GForce 5500 GPU with 512 mb
Thermaltake 650 Watt P/S
The original two DVD's play fine in my Sony player, and they play fine in either of the two PC burners using Power DVD or Nero.
I shrink the original to my H/D using DVD Shrink 3.2. It analyzes without error, and after making chapter choices, it backs-up to completion without error.
Then I burn the result with CloneDVD2.
The burn runs to completion on either device without error, but if I use the Poloroid burner I get a coaster 100% of the time.
The Toshiba burner will work evey time.
This only happens on these two DVD's, Crank, and Cars.
I have gone back and test burned other movies that I have burned in the past, and never get a coaster on either burner.
After 10 test burns it starts to get kind of spendy.
Any body ever heard of a Poloroid burner. I'd like to upgrade the F/W.
Art

If I am not mistaken your drive is made by BTC and no BTC DVDRW drives are being supported anymore. (by BTC)
You might be able to find firmware support for your drive in the BTC/Emprex area of club.cdfreaks.com
Look for support for the BTC 1004IM

Back