• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What is your best DL DVD and the best price

Whats the best DL DVD you have used with no problems

• Total voters

Slick

Hey guys and gals tell me where you found the best price for dual layer DVD and with good results with ripping.. I at the moment use TDK 2.4x dvd+r DL and they have worked well but I would like to hear from everyone on this new website what they like to use.. Cya Slick

Verbatim

So far the best DL media for me has been Verbatim DVD+R DL 8X. Bestbuy normally sells the 20 disc pak for $49.99. On sale price last week was $29.99. That's only roughly $1.50 per disc minus taxes. I just had to buy four of the 20 disc paks:D Newegg sells the 20 disc pak for about $40 which includes shipping.

So, you just have to keep your eyes peeled for local sales if you want to save a buck or two. Knock on wood I have never produced any coasters using Verbatim DL or the SL variety. Hands down Verbatim is the only choice for me:agree:

So far the best DL media for me has been Verbatim DVD+R DL 8X. Bestbuy normally sells the 20 disc pak for $49.99. On sale price last week was $29.99. That's only roughly $1.50 per disc minus taxes. I just had to buy four of the 20 disc paks:D Newegg sells the 20 disc pak for about $40 which includes shipping.

So, you just have to keep your eyes peeled for local sales if you want to save a buck or two. Knock on wood I have never produced any coasters using Verbatim DL or the SL variety. Hands down Verbatim is the only choice for me:agree:
DVD-DL costs too much so I just stick to compressing DVD9 to DVD5. The quality is practically the same, but my wallet is fatter.

DVD-DL costs too much so I just stick to compressing DVD9 to DVD5. The quality is practically the same, but my wallet is fatter.

the quality isn't the same with clonedvd 2 if your below 80% compression. unless your watching your movies on a 27" 4x3 format TV . i have an Sony SXRD 60" and anything below 80% goes on a Verbatim DVD+R DL booktyped to DVD-ROM. i get mine from supermediastore.com or meritline.com for about 1.70 to 1.85 each shipped or 38.99 for a 20 pack

Slick watch out on thoses TDKs some of them will code out as CMC Mag (what memorex codes out as) which is junk media

the quality isn't the same with clonedvd 2 if your below 80% compression. unless your watching your movies on a 27" 4x3 format TV . i have an Sony SXRD 60" and anything below 80% goes on a Verbatim DVD+R DL booktyped to DVD-ROM. i get mine from supermediastore.com or meritline.com for about 1.70 to 1.85 each shipped or 38.99 for a 20 pack

Slick watch out on thoses TDKs some of them will code out as CMC Mag (what memorex codes out as) which is junk media

I have been purchasing Memorex DVD+R DL 25 packs from Newegg for $35 including shipping lately. Nobody else seems to like the brand but I have had no problems with them. Not one bad disc.

the Memorex DVD+R DL will code out as Ritek , which is pretty good media but still not as good as the Verbatims

Verbatim #1...IMO

Best Buy & newegg.com seem to be best sources. I've used only Verbatim +R DL, but would like to try -R DL. I was informed that -R DL works better for videos, especially on dual layer. Can Anybody confirm that? BTW,the only source I've seen for Verbatim -R DL is meritline.com....

I agree about Verbatim. They are expensive, but zen like minimalist packaging, consistent plain white design throughout CD, DVD and DVD DL range (bare minimum of writing on disc - just brand, media type and speed in small plain type on hub) and reliablility all conspire to make me a fan of them.

Last edited:

Ha We're twins (Same TV and Mobo!)

I agree the downsampling under 80% sucks when viewed on a Big screen. Superman returns has lots of fog and space scenes that look horrible when downsampled, but when I pop it in my "small" 30" Widescreen it is acceptable.

I haven't purchased any DL DVDs yet though, I'm a cheap bastid!

I totally agree. Verbatim makes the best dvd+r DL out there now. My plextor PX-716uf even burns them faster than the listed box speed.

I Only use Verbatim DVD+R 4.7 GB 16x White Inkjet Printable & White Inkjet Hub Printable and Verbatim DVD+R Dual Layer 8.5GB 2.4X - 6X White Inkjet Printable media. Since I started using them, I haven't created a single coaster!

The cheapest (no tax to pay) that I have found them is at Amazon.com:

For 16X DVD+R's ($43.37 per 100 = $.4437 each)

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_...ite+-+ink+jet+printable&Go.x=12&Go.y=11&Go=Go

For 2.4X - 6X Dual Layers ($49.80 per 20 = $2.49 each)

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_...X+White+Inkjet+Printable&Go.x=9&Go.y=10&Go=Go

Eric

Back