What is your best DL DVD and the best price

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Blanks' started by Slick, Jan 28, 2007.

?

Whats the best DL DVD you have used with no problems

1. TDK

5.3%
  2. Verbatim

71.1%
  3. ridata

7.9%
  4. Memorex

10.5%
  5. Maxell

2.6%
  6. Imation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Fujifilm

2.6%
  8. HP

2.6%
  9. Taiyo

7.9%
  10. Legacy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Slick

Slick Member

Hey guys and gals tell me where you found the best price for dual layer DVD and with good results with ripping.. I at the moment use TDK 2.4x dvd+r DL and they have worked well but I would like to hear from everyone on this new website what they like to use.. Cya Slick

2. MarkRacer

MarkRacer Well-Known Member

Verbatim

So far the best DL media for me has been Verbatim DVD+R DL 8X. Bestbuy normally sells the 20 disc pak for $49.99. On sale price last week was $29.99. That's only roughly $1.50 per disc minus taxes. I just had to buy four of the 20 disc paks:D Newegg sells the 20 disc pak for about $40 which includes shipping.

So, you just have to keep your eyes peeled for local sales if you want to save a buck or two. Knock on wood I have never produced any coasters using Verbatim DL or the SL variety. Hands down Verbatim is the only choice for me:agree:

3. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

DVD-DL costs too much so I just stick to compressing DVD9 to DVD5. The quality is practically the same, but my wallet is fatter.

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Well-Known Member

the quality isn't the same with clonedvd 2 if your below 80% compression. unless your watching your movies on a 27" 4x3 format TV . i have an Sony SXRD 60" and anything below 80% goes on a Verbatim DVD+R DL booktyped to DVD-ROM. i get mine from supermediastore.com or meritline.com for about 1.70 to 1.85 each shipped or 38.99 for a 20 pack

Slick watch out on thoses TDKs some of them will code out as CMC Mag (what memorex codes out as) which is junk media

5. Androo79

Androo79 Well-Known Member

I have been purchasing Memorex DVD+R DL 25 packs from Newegg for $35 including shipping lately. Nobody else seems to like the brand but I have had no problems with them. Not one bad disc.

6. aabbccdd

the Memorex DVD+R DL will code out as Ritek , which is pretty good media but still not as good as the Verbatims

7. trussme

trussme Well-Known Member

Verbatim #1...IMO

Best Buy & newegg.com seem to be best sources. I've used only Verbatim +R DL, but would like to try -R DL. I was informed that -R DL works better for videos, especially on dual layer. Can Anybody confirm that? BTW,the only source I've seen for Verbatim -R DL is meritline.com....

8. BBill

BBill Member

Where do you find TY dl discs?

9. Slyan

Slyan New Member

I agree about Verbatim. They are expensive, but zen like minimalist packaging, consistent plain white design throughout CD, DVD and DVD DL range (bare minimum of writing on disc - just brand, media type and speed in small plain type on hub) and reliablility all conspire to make me a fan of them.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  10. Big_mark

Big_mark New Member

Ha We're twins (Same TV and Mobo!)

I agree the downsampling under 80% sucks when viewed on a Big screen. Superman returns has lots of fog and space scenes that look horrible when downsampled, but when I pop it in my "small" 30" Widescreen it is acceptable.

I haven't purchased any DL DVDs yet though, I'm a cheap bastid!

11. TPLAT

TPLAT Well-Known Member

I dont think Ty makes DL media, ifso I have never seen any, be nice if they did along with DVDRW media.

12. aabbccdd

13. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Verbatim............Haven't had a bad one.

14. sickboy88

sickboy88 Member

I totally agree. Verbatim makes the best dvd+r DL out there now. My plextor PX-716uf even burns them faster than the listed box speed.

15. eric.groves

eric.groves Member

I Only use Verbatim DVD+R 4.7 GB 16x White Inkjet Printable & White Inkjet Hub Printable and Verbatim DVD+R Dual Layer 8.5GB 2.4X - 6X White Inkjet Printable media. Since I started using them, I haven't created a single coaster!

The cheapest (no tax to pay) that I have found them is at Amazon.com:

For 16X DVD+R's ($43.37 per 100 = $.4437 each)

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_...ite+-+ink+jet+printable&Go.x=12&Go.y=11&Go=Go

For 2.4X - 6X Dual Layers ($49.80 per 20 = $2.49 each)

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_...X+White+Inkjet+Printable&Go.x=9&Go.y=10&Go=Go

Eric

16. locoeng

locoeng Well-Known Member

Verbatim MKM singapore...hands down.