• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What is the best computer for ISO files?

What is the best computer for playing .iso files?

• I-Mac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mac Pro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BillieBog

I am now putting my DVD's on hard drive in .iso format. My media pc is dieing. I have not used a Mac since the 80's. I am think of buying a Mac to be my media computer. What do you guys think??? Would love advice.

Thanks,
Billie :confused: :confused:

ISO files are not particular about the hardware so any PC will be OK.
MAC PC's hardware is no different that any other PC. The OS is the only difference.

the one thing about a mac is that anydvd and clonedvd dont work on it (unless you dual-boot windows or run a virtual machine)

Thanks for the comments, yes I am finding that much of my software will not run on the Mac or I will have to buy Mac versions. At present, it seems my major complaint is Vista. Maybe I should just have XP put on a new machine??? It is just depressing--I just upgraded the video card in my current machine and feel like I wasted my money.

Somewhere along the line about 2 or 3 years ago I got sucked into a hobby called "collecting movies". About a year ago, I went from copying to DVD medium to creating .iso files on hard drive--(got my first 500G hard drive on sale for $119--2 weeks ago got one for $79). I am now on number 8 and am worried about backing up. I have been using the 100% quality so have loads of 7-8G files. Frys has a 1T for $179 this weekend. If I compress to back up the .iso files, will I lose the quality. And this is truly an insane way to spend money.

Any useful advice. :confused:

compress as in .zip or .rar files, no i dont think you will lose quality. but to play them you will have to unzip them.

if you mean compress as in rip to a different format, or use clonedvd to make smaller files, then yes, you will lose some quality. the amount depending on the compression.

ot- i use vista ultimate 32 bit and have never had any problems, if you havent ever used it i would recommend giving it a shot

Back