• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question What is the AST Log File?

Status
Not open for further replies.

napoleon

Dumb question probably but what is the AST Log File? Is this something that is needed to play the MP$ file?

It's the AnyStream Log file. Basically AnyStream Log (Might not be how they came up with it, but basically how I read it).

Thanks! I get it. So, it's really not necessary to keep it if everything downloads OK, right?

How do I read the *.astlog file?

Well, the *.astlog file is basically a ZIP file which contains two log files.
A text file and a binary file.
You can read the text file with any text editor whereas the binary file is something for the developers.

How do I read the *.astlog file?

Get 7-Zip and then open the .astlog file with the 7-Zip File Manager (7zFM.exe). You'll see the log.txt file and auxtelemetry.bin file. You can double click on the txt file and read it.

The dump files are exclusively for the developers, they are encrypted files.

If you want to open the ASlog file you can open the diag. bundle with 7 zip as stated above then you can read the txt file within with a program like Notepad++ if you do run into an issue. When you open it in windows notepad app it is basically gibberish. The rest of the diag. bundle; if you open the bin files with 7-zip are just pieces of the DRMed downloaded video, before the pieces are assembled by the software into your h.264/5 file. My guess is this diag. bundle is used to decrypt the downloaded pieces so they can form your chosen downloaded video. A very nice and clever setup ;) If you do run into an issue you can open the bundle with 7-zip pull the log file open & read it if you do run into any issue. Hope this helps. Keep up the great work & love the program. I am looking forward to more streaming services to come to anystream+ This program is VERy helpful to people with slow & capped internet like myself.

If you want to open the ASlog file you can open the diag. bundle with 7 zip as stated above then you can read the txt file within with a program like Notepad++ if you do run into an issue. When you open it in windows notepad app it is basically gibberish. The rest of the diag. bundle; if you open the bin files with 7-zip are just pieces of the DRMed downloaded video, before the pieces are assembled by the software into your h.264/5 file. My guess is this diag. bundle is used to decrypt the downloaded pieces so they can form your chosen downloaded video. A very nice and clever setup ;) If you do run into an issue you can open the bundle with 7-zip pull the log file open & read it if you do run into any issue. Hope this helps. Keep up the great work & love the program. I am looking forward to more streaming services to come to anystream+ This program is VERy helpful to people with slow & capped internet like myself.
This thread is 2 years old. ;)

Good morning y'all and have a good 2024! I'v found the capability to "disable" *.astlog file generation under

File - Settings - General (then look to the bottom of that windows where you read "always create log file" and untick it.

Cheers!

Yes, that is correct. But the question is, what do you want to say with that? The post is two years old by now.
I'm sorry i didn0t notice the "oldness" of this post... i've found by googling on "astlog file"...btw it's interesing read what is an astlog file... Please be kind, i don't think that adding some useful information to this post , even if it's "old", is a problem...
This part is "technically" interesting :
" if you open the bin files with 7-zip are just pieces of the DRMed downloaded video, before the pieces are assembled by the software into your h.264/5 file. My guess is this diag. bundle is used to decrypt the downloaded pieces so they can form your chosen downloaded video " :cool:

I'm sorry i didn0t notice the "oldness" of this post
Don't worry, I just couldn't see what you tried to say with your post as (from the eyes of an experienced user who knows AS since the early days) it is pretty obvious on how to disable it.

Yes, the logs can be opened with 7-zip, in fact I have set it to default so I can just double-click them. It contains the textlog itself (that you can also see in the GUI of AS if you select the option to show the log) and more stuff that only the devs know.

Okay! i'm glad to be here on this forum - and a satsfied client with the AnyStream Plus .... a great piece of software. Simple to use and versatile.
And I would be happy to help people here.

Okay! i'm glad to be here on this forum - and a satsfied client with the AnyStream Plus .... a great piece of software. Simple to use and versatile.
And I would be happy to help people here.
Great to see AS is useful for you. Be welcome and look around, if you have any questions just create a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back