What DVD-R Media Do You Use

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Blanks' started by Rodster, Mar 7, 2007.

1. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

I was be curious to know the ID on those TDK's. They are not known for reliability in the US.

2. Rodster

Rodster Well-Known Member

Hi

These TDK's come in a 10 pack in slim jewel cases. I never buy DVD-R's in spindles because I prefer to have cases for each disc. I have a brand new blank TDK DVD-R here, how do i find the ID your referring to?

Rodney

Last edited: Aug 4, 2007
  3. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

4. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

I use Sony. Always have had quality burns, never a problem.

5. servant74

servant74 Member

Various

I generally purchase from SuperMediaStore.com

I have had good luck with Sony DVD+R's and some Verbatim DVD+RDL's I was given. Using a

I just got some RiData DVD-R DL that my writer is supposed to be able to use, but no-joy. My drives won't recognize it as being DL

My drives are
    G: HL-DL-ST DVDRRW GSA-2166D(rev. 1.01)
    E: MATSHITA DVD-RAM SW-9585 (rev. B100)

The G: drive is an LG and is new for me. It is supposed to do the DVD-RDL. They both work well with +R and -R. I have used the E: with DVD+RDL but it doesn't even recognize media was inserted if I put the -RDL in it.

6. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Pure junk

Use Verbatim +R DL (made in Singapore) only

7. creeper6996

creeper6996 Well-Known Member

For those of you who use supermediastore.com, next time, try out newegg.com, I always find the best prices there (and still receive quality product).

8. DetroitBaseball

I saw Newegg had a good deal on 50 Verbatims for about $14 or something.

9. creeper6996

creeper6996 Well-Known Member

I buy Verbatims from newegg, spindles of 100, for about $30, and sometimes you can even find free shipping.

10. DetroitBaseball

That's a good deal. My mom gets Sony in 50 packs and they've worked great.

11. DetroitBaseball

12. jerryel

jerryel Member

I use whatever I get, usually by price as long as it is a name brand. Of late it's been Memorex because of price (and what my daughter brings over for me).

I've read the problems people have with Brand X or Brand Y but I have not experienced any of those problems and still have working movie backups from years ago burned on No-Name disks. On movies that are near or over 2 hours I use DVD Shrink instead of Clone DVD because the quality seems better (on an LCD HDTV). As for durability I have Grand Kids who coat them with goo and throw them around and a wash with Windex and they still work fine as long as they don't have heavy scratches.

I use a Lite-On external USB burner and always burn at 4x while multi-tasking at the same time, including Web browsing, making DVD labels with a Brother Label printer or organizing my collection with DVD Profile. I do have an internal DVD burner, also Lite-On, but have had problems with that one when multi-tasking. I never get a bad DVD burn with the USB burner unless it's my own mistake (wrong choices of what to burn).

13. DetroitBaseball

Memorex is probably the worst of all. Also you can burn at 8x.