• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What do you use to backup your NAS?

No RAID of any sort just a bunch of hot-pluggable SAS disks (capable of and) formatted with type 2 protection, XFS on top of each SAS disk, SHA-512 of each file, most favourite shows copied to LTO tapes, the rest I can either re-download, wait to re-download, or couldn't care less if they went away. Most of the time, the disks are spun down or out of the box altogether, and "current" stuff is being fed from an SLC SSD that has a crazy number of DWDP.

So far, my failure rate was one episode in over 100TB.

Nice! I use both MD5 and SHA1, but my hash tool is capable of dozens of types of hash digests. I also use PAR2 for for my disc rips.

I like RAID, but for me, it's because of it's uptime and its ability to make many drives appear as one (before buying a NAS, I used Windows 7's virtual drives to do that).

Everything is backed up on external HDDs. Stuff I'd never find again is doubly backed up. I've never lost anything, but it's a constant fear.

No NAS here. Just a JBOD cluster hooked up via eSATA/USB3. Going on 50 disks right now in a Plex environment
Backups? 100% Goodsync. It's basically rsync, but easier to manage. I tell it to wait an hour and it does, if changes are detected (ie: things get deleted), it moves the old things off for 30 days, instead of just deleting immediately. Good stuff

Back