• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What do we do now

They are usually at the top of every section of the forum. Here - http://forum.slysoft.com/announcement.php?f=10

Where's the top of every section of the forum? :) (In other words, I'm pretty sure he was kidding.) ;)

If SlySoft puts out CloneBD in December they are probably going to get a LOT of people jumping on the short window they will have to get it with lifetime updates. Not a bad tactic. :)

Where's the top of every section of the forum? :) (In other words, I'm pretty sure he was kidding.) ;)

If SlySoft puts out CloneBD in December they are probably going to get a LOT of people jumping on the short window they will have to get it with lifetime updates. Not a bad tactic. :)
IMHO, it makes more sense financially for Slysoft to release CloneBD after January 1, 2011. That way, Slysoft will be able to charge for upgrades. The more often licenses expire, the more often they will have to be renewed ($$$). I'm not suggesting that this behavior is bad, as Slysoft is free to license their software as they choose.

IMHO, it makes more sense financially for Slysoft to release CloneBD after January 1, 2011. That way, Slysoft will be able to charge for upgrades. The more often licenses expire, the more often they will have to be renewed ($$$). I'm not suggesting that this behavior is bad, as Slysoft is free to license their software as they choose.
Personally, I never buy software with a renewable license.
If that was the only option when it's released, I, not necessarily me personally, would hold off buying it for a while as there will be countless 'fixes and improvements' for the first few months, or first year or so. That's how software like this is - (look at the changelogs for the current products). In that case, I would only buy license when the product had 'settled down' sufficently (like CloneDVD2 is now).

I don't have Blu-Ray (or HD DVD) capabililites, but I would purchase a lifetime license for CloneBD. I hope there would be a limited period after launch to do this.

If other software developers continue to offer lifetime license option, maybe this could be a bad move for SlySoft.

Last edited:

Who says that we will be charging for CloneBD at all? We just need to make sure that it won't work with Passkey... (probably there won't be any need for such a step ... it performs so badly ;) )

... and I always find humour in people posting in a text-based forum but not having the ability to read. That is truly comical in a sad sad way...

Like it or not - you gotta play to the lowest common denominator.
I've been trying to tell you guys for a LONG time that people only read the first sentence and make a decision.

This is a perfect example of WHY so many newbies don't post a logfile. It can be fixed - once you accept the sad reality.

-W

Last edited:
Aha

James is perhaps saying the base program might be free but any updates might be liscensed?

James is perhaps saying the base program might be free but any updates might be liscensed?

James is actually saying nothing.
He was also unsaying some things that were said by others.
That's all I'm going to say.

We just need to make sure that it won't work with Passkey... (probably there won't be any need for such a step ... it performs so badly ;) )

Ugh... I kind of missed that statement. THAT sure doesn't sound good... deliberately crippling software for political reasons only... I certainly hope that doesn't happen. :(

Ugh... I kind of missed that statement. THAT sure doesn't sound good... deliberately crippling software for political reasons only... I certainly hope that doesn't happen. :(

I normally never post but that comment by James makes me wonder about Slysoft's business pratices :(

I normally never post but that comment by James makes me wonder about Slysoft's business pratices :(

Actually, you're saying something here.
I find our business practices outraging. I feel we should give away AnyDVD for free as well.
I don't get how we can have the nerve to charge money for working 70h/week.
I apologize deeply.

Actually, you're saying something here.
I find our business practices outraging. I feel we should give away AnyDVD for free as well.
I don't get how we can have the nerve to charge money for working 70h/week.
I apologize deeply.

I paid for a lifetime sub for anydvd hd and clonedvd2 and I have many other tools in my box but how is crippling software a good business practice? Somehow you think I'm saying it should be free?

I paid for a lifetime sub for anydvd hd and clonedvd2 and I have many other tools in my box but how is crippling software a good business practice? Somehow you think I'm saying it should be free?

IF the tool was going to be free (which is not neccessarily going to be the case entirely), THEN it would definitely not be bad "business practice" to limit the use in a way that it will only function on top of AnyDVD (which is the essence of James' comment).
It would be nothing but common sense, crippling is something totally different.
Otherwise we'd be manufacturing and maintaining a piece of software that users happily download for free and leave their money with the competitors.

That is what was said.

If the tool costs money, it will most likely not have such a limitation.

Anyway - all this speculation is totally misplaced as the tool is still not available and not even our management has decided on anything, yet.

In that case, it is totally justified, as Peer stated above and I totally agree. Sorry. ;)

I would have to agree with Lynch and Fireball, it gives the implication that it is discontinuing all lifetime updates, which in today's world is nothing unusual.."suck-em-in & fleece-em". Especially with internet companies.

I would have to agree with Lynch and Fireball, it gives the implication that it is discontinuing all lifetime updates, which in today's world is nothing unusual.."suck-em-in & fleece-em". Especially with internet companies.

How exactly are people who bought lifetime updates "fleeced" ??

Back