• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What Burning Speed Do I Use????

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboijr

Slysoft offers a couple different speeds at which to burn...is it true that the lowest speed (1X) is the best speed to burn a DVD or CD on? and why??? What are the benefits over maximum speed? and / or is there that much difference? I use High Quality printable 16X Memorex DVD's, my burner burns up to a speed of (16X) and has NEVER had a problem burning at that speed....but I was curious as to the quality being more clear or sharp if burnt slower like (1X) I heard from amatuers like myself ,that the sound (BASS/High Ends) were not nearly as clear....and picture wasnt as sharp. Is this true...if that makes sence to anyone.....(help)
Thanks for your time guyz.

Last edited:
In general a slower burn is just a more accurate burn.
That said, when using good quality 16x disks, I burn at 8x or 6x depending on the machine. I have one DVD player that's picky... if I know I'm burning for THAT player , I go 4x to be "extra-sure". (I never use 1x or 2x - I'm not THAT patiant) :)

-W

Burning speed ???

Slysoft offers a couple different speeds at which to burn...is it true that the lowest speed (1X) is the best speed to burn a CD on? and why??? What are the benefits over maximum speed? and / or is there that much difference? my burner burns up to a speed of (16X) and has never had a problem burning at that speed....but I was curious as to the quality being more clear or sharp if burnt slower like (1X) I heard from amatuers like myself ,that the sound (BASS/High Ends) were not nearly as pronounced....and picture would not be as sharp if that makes sence to anyone.....(help)
Thanks for your time guyz.

Last edited:
Advice

Thanks for your advice....but time is not a problem here.and my burner burns up to a speed of (16X) and has never had a problem burning at that speed....but I was curious as to the quality being more clear or sharp if burnt slower like (1X) I heard from amatuers like myself ,that the sound was not nearly as good....and picture was grainy. if that makes sence to anyone.....(help)

Last edited:
The speed at which you can burn depends on your media & your burner. Try burning at highest speed possible & try it out. If it skips or dont play right slow it down. My burner works fine at fastest speed 16X on one & 18x on other. Hope this helps.

It wont make any difference on clear or sharp as to the speed of burning. The main thing is if it plays OK.

hi

Just Burnt mine from B Bstr. and worked fine:disagree:

Slysoft offers a couple different speeds at which to burn...is it true that the lowest speed (1X) is the best speed to burn a DVD or CD on? and why???

No. Burning too slowly is just as stupid as burning too fast

I use High Quality printable 16X Memorex DVD's

junk

Use Taiyo Yuden Premium or Verbatim (but I would avoid those made in India)

Do not create multiple threads about the exact same issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back