• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question What are you using to trim videos?

As for AS downloads, I never edit or convert them. I always store everything in the original format.
As for everyting else, I use Pinnacle Studio 24, but it is not any better than any other free program like Shotcut or DaVinci Resolve (at least when it comes to cutting and since I think it is not well optimized, but I never actually used it's other functions like titles and so on). If it comes to basic cutting (just to remove something), I would recommend LosslessCut as it is fast and does not re-encode your video, so you don't have to deal with codec, bitrate and stuff. You can just cut it and be done.

I use avidemux to trim when sometimes the video is wrong (I had 4 episodes of a TV show with 5 minutes of blank screen at the end). It's easy to use.

As for AS downloads, I never edit or convert them. I always store everything in the original format.
As for everyting else, I use Pinnacle Studio 24, but it is not any better than any other free program like Shotcut or DaVinci Resolve (at least when it comes to cutting and since I think it is not well optimized, but I never actually used it's other functions like titles and so on). If it comes to basic cutting (just to remove something), I would recommend LosslessCut as it is fast and does not re-encode your video, so you don't have to deal with codec, bitrate and stuff. You can just cut it and be done.
I'm playing around with losslesscut now but am having trouble getting sub to line up after trimming the start of a video. Other than that, it does exactly what I was looking for.

Ah so it cuts only the video, but does not remove the lines in question from the subs. I cannot speak for that as I have never tried to cut something with subs. But to edid subs, you can use Aegisub, Subtitle Edit or even the Editor, but not sure if it might screw the format a bit when saving.

Ah so it cuts only the video, but does not remove the lines in question from the subs. I cannot speak for that as I have never tried to cut something with subs. But to edid subs, you can use Aegisub, Subtitle Edit or even the Editor, but not sure if it might screw the format a bit when saving.
Thank you!

Back