What are you burning with?

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Blanks' started by rommie28, Jan 8, 2008.

1. rommie28

rommie28 New Member

just wondering guys what brand of blank dvd do you prefer and why?in my experiences with dvd-r from sony,computer essentials,maxell,and memorex about 3 or 4 discs in a spool of 25 dont seem to work right i.e. towards the end of movies they get pixeled and blocky .magnavox dvd-r has worked well and im using tdk right now just wondering what you guys prefer.

2. BenGurion

BenGurion Well-Known Member

the more interesting thing would be, what MEDIACODES U prefer ^^

-> http://dvdidentifier.cdfreaks.com/

i prefer:
    -> Taiyo Yuden
    -> MCC
    -> CMC
    -> MKM (esp. 001)
    -> RICOHJPN

3. customshopkv1

customshopkv1 Well-Known Member

Taiyo Yuden +R
    Verbatim +R , +R DL

4. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

For assured quality backups.....S/L.....+R Verbatim or Ty. D/L Verbatim +RDL

5. creeper6996

creeper6996 Well-Known Member

Verbatim -R

6. lostinlodos

lostinlodos Well-Known Member

Taiyo Yuden +/- doesn't matter (I buy quality players for my quality blanks)

I have always had more problems with Verbatim than not
    But for the moment stay away from them, lots of bad batches entering the market over the last few months.

7. stazzi

stazzi New Member

What I use

verbatim-R. Burn at 4X
    Ridata Silver matte. burn at 4X or 8X

8. carolinamoons

carolinamoons Well-Known Member

blank media

I use verbatim white hub printable 8X blank media burnt at 4X speed and out of 500 blank disc i have only gotten 2 coasters.

9. bobodude

bobodude Member

Memorex

Been using Memorex DVD-r for about 3 yrs on a Panny player. Have had maybe 3 coasters out of 900. But the Memorex printable whites were the craps. Maybe one out of 10 would play.

10. inkakiev

inkakiev Member

Skips...

Taiyo Yuden works great but lately I have been experiencing skipping or stalls with ridata dl disks. I am using clone dvd and the problem only happens when I clone a disk and play it in my ps3. Weird, in the computer they play fine...

11. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Use Verbatim +R DL (preferably made in Singapore) or MAM-A 8x dvd+R DL only.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008