• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

what are the good dvds?

lfp2

I know this has been discussed before but I need the name of some dependable dvd's. Is Fuji a dependable?

not really, thats one of the B class brands. The only media i trust 100% and has a pretty flawless record with me ( as in close to 0 coasters, except the ones i aborted myself) is VERBATIM, preferably the datalife plus ones.

Who makes verbatim

Do you know which factory makes verbatim?

it doesnt really matter wich factory makes them, but WHERE they make them. If you purchase them, just make sure they're made in Taiwan and not China. The Taiwanese ones are the good stuff

Going to best buy or such ensures that you can see where they are made as well.

not really, thats one of the B class brands. The only media i trust 100% and has a pretty flawless record with me ( as in close to 0 coasters, except the ones i aborted myself) is VERBATIM, preferably the datalife plus ones.

Taiyo Yuden (Premium Line) are as good as Verbatim. Supermediastore.com is a good source for them.

I know this has been discussed before but I need the name of some dependable dvd's. Is Fuji a dependable?

Verbatim is the usual choice to go for when you can find them and aren't to expensive and also if they are available in your area. Also you have to make sure your burner DVD or BD are firmware updated and no other burner software installed besides Slysoft software. Too many including Incd and roxio suite have been known to cause burning errors as well as deamon tools and some emulators cause burn errors problem. So the media is one part in the end to make a good burn. I for one use Windata since I found them inexpensive and never had much trouble burning and watching the DL and SL media. But I do keep the burns down to 2-2.4x speed for DL and SL. This settings - I have yet to any major problems with the backup media playback. Also if you don't use this settings it's good to keep your burn speed half of the rated media speed and don't do multitasking on the computer when you do burning as this takes alot of CPU, Memory and HDD resources.

But I do keep the burns down to 2-2.4x speed for DL and SL. This settings - I have yet to any major problems with the backup media playback. Also if you don't use this settings it's good to keep your burn speed half of the rated media speed and don't do multitasking on the computer when you do burning as this takes alot of CPU, Memory and HDD resources.

That is awfully low. Burning too slow can cause problems also. I use TY 8x media and can burn at 8x with no problems. I can actually go faster than that with my Plextor burner but 8x is good enough. I use Verbatim 6x +R DL and burn at 6x with no problems. But the Plextor is an exceptional burner and half the rated speed is a good rule of thumb when using 16x or higher media.

Find who makes DVDs

If you want to know who makes your dvd find the free program DVD Identifier and it will tell you. Maxell Memorex, TDK HP Imation and others are made by Ritek by the same process. Sony is made by Sony but it had mistakes which I am trying to avoid. GQ is made or was made by Sony but it had problems too. I have used Verbatim but do not remember checking if it was made by Verbatim or who. Until I check one I wont know if it has it's own factory or re-sells. It is not always available where I usually buy my DVD's. It is very useful to know if the kind of DVD you buy is made by the same people who made the one that doesn't do very well. If Verbatim is made by Ritek by the same process that makes TDK, HP etc I would have to check every copy to see if it plays all the way through without hanging up. But I am glad for the information and will try to get some. It looks like I need to continue checking each copy to be sure it copied ok. Thanks for all your help.

Have a nice day

D

VERBATIM ! There is simply no substitute for me. 100 % burn rate with no failure for the last five years for all DVD+, DVD-R and DVD+R DL media. I recently started using BD-R from VERBATIM and I had two coasters from the first spindle box. I quickly found out the error was from me, specifying a burn speed of 2.4x as in VERBATIM DVD+R DL media. I then changed my speed to 4x and so far no failure and I am in my third BD-R spindle box.

That is awfully low. Burning too slow can cause problems also. I use TY 8x media and can burn at 8x with no problems. I can actually go faster than that with my Plextor burner but 8x is good enough. I use Verbatim 6x +R DL and burn at 6x with no problems. But the Plextor is an exceptional burner and half the rated speed is a good rule of thumb when using 16x or higher media.

Sorry to say but in my usage I have yet to get any problems besides having a bad media itself from time to time. And I done that for as long as I had dvd burners and different media and haven't had any noticable loss in playback quality...But one has to know I don't just keep my computer itself on default factory settings but I do customize all the settings to get the best performance out of my computer and removing any unwanted software to reduce unforeseen problems as well as keeping my system updated. Plus I don't multitask when burning as well just to reduce burn errors. So this users is going to burst your bubble about slow burns to say...

Verbatim all the way. i get about 1 coaster out of every 500 and that 1 coaster is prolly my fault, LOL. i get mine at www.newegg.com for about $30 for a spindle of 100 and many times you can find them with free shipping.

Media guide

A lot of the questions pertaining to media quality , best media, etc. etc. can be found by Googling "Blank media quality guide". I have found the best online stores for the media I use, Taiyo Uden and Verbatim are Supermedia Store and Meritline, that is, in the USA.

Last edited:
Back