• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What are the Best-recommended SATA DVD drives and Best SATA BluRay drives

johnzva

I have heard rumors on the internet of certain ASUS & Sony optical drives and which can cause serious functionality issues with the use of SlySoft software.
I'm am upgrading my motherboard, OS to WIn7, and peripherals.
What are the Best (recommended-most compatible) internal SATA DVD drives?
What are the Best (recommended-most compatible) internal SATA BluRay drives?
Thank you for any assistance!!

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=41581

There is a lot of info in that link, but good reading. It boils down to several important points. The rumors you might be referring to are about Cinavia, a form of copy protection that allows you to playback a copied disc for 20 minutes, movie plays after that, but the sound is muted. Any drive certified after Feb 2012 will have that protection on the disc. If you have an older drive, don't throw it out. Also there are only 2 programs that playback on your pc that do not trigger the Cinavia. Anydvd, I believe will allow you to still rip to your HD etc. On the good news Slyce is a new product that is in Beta testing, that will do BD copying like Clone Dvd does for Dvds, and its second mandate after it gets that issue solved is to go after Cinavia. Just don't expect the 2 issues to be solved together the first day its out.

Powerdvd 12 has cinavia, Powerdvd 11 has not .. and can play 3D

total Media theatre can play 3D since V5
Cinavia has been included since version 5.3.1.172
Anything before that is cinavia free. (I use 5.3.1.144)

Back