• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What about adding PathPlayer to AnyDvd?

sneaks

DvdFab HD Decrypter

3.1.9.0 Beta (Sep 14, 2007):
- New: Brand new "PathPlayer" technology which gives DVDFab the ability to copy DVD content only allowed to be played on a real DVD player. In this way, DVDFab will ignore unplayed content which may contain copy protection.

How "PathPlayer" works?
"PathPlayer" works like a real DVD player, it follows every play path of a DVD, visits every thing that you can access on DVD player with a remote controller. When "PathPlayer" finishes, we can know all the DVD content that a real DVD player will read. The copy protection exists in the unplayed DVD content, DVDFab will not read it when copying.

Note: "PathPlayer" is a very powerful technology. We have done test with all our discs which means it's very stable now. But it's completely new so if you encounter problem that some DVD content is not copied, please tell us, thanks!

Since AnyDVD functions "on-the-fly" in a driver type mode, it would appear that "pathplayer" type technology might not be possible/practical within AnyDVD? But it surely could be integrated into the AnyDVD "ripper" program - and/or CloneDVD?

The "AI Scanner(tm)" has already been announced. And it works on the fly.

The "AI Scanner(tm)" has already been announced. And it works on the fly.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but will the AI Scanner ™ make the AnyDVD ripper redundant and unnecessary? IOW, will it work with very messed up DVDs so that DVD Shrink works directly from the DVD?

Edit: I believe this has been discussed before but I'm too dense to find it now. :(

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a dumb question but will the AI Scanner ™ make the AnyDVD ripper redundant and unnecessary? IOW, will it work with very messed up DVDs so that DVD Shrink works directly from the DVD?

Edit: I believe this has been discussed before but I'm too dense to find it now. :(
Sorry, don't know yet. Certainly not in the first version. Probably later.

Sorry, don't know yet. Certainly not in the first version. Probably later.

I didn't expect it in the first release. LOL. I was just curious just how much the AI Scanner ™ can handle on-the-fly [or will be able to in the future]. :)

I will patiently wait. :D

This pathplayer thing makes me nervous man i hope they have the option to leave it off. I can see it now I press something and get a totally different response.

This pathplayer thing makes me nervous man i hope they have the option to leave it off. I can see it now I press something and get a totally different response.

What do you mean? Can you explain that?

The AI Scanner I can not wait to see this leave it to my favorite decrypter Anydvd & the Slysoft team to always do the unexpected keep up the great work!!:):)

What do you mean? Can you explain that?

I don't mean to speak for Kallasways but I'll admit although I find the PathPlayer ™ idea very very interesting I also know that something like that can't be perfected overnight which is what I think their concern is.

In theory the PathPlayer ™ technology is a great idea but it needs to be refined as does any newer method of handling protections. Apparently one of the downsides is it removed the ability for DVDFab to handle the protections on some DVDs that they had already managed to overcome (ie Paris by Night 89 - Live in Korea). A newer method can result in taking a step or two back [temporarily] before it is perfected. I believe that is the point of what was said. By allowing the software to allow the user to pick the old method of handling protections or the new method a user could bypass any issues with the newer method for the time being.

I am looking forward to the AI Scanner ™ in AnyDVD but I also realize it may have some issues in the beginning that will be discovered through use by a large amount of people that might not have been caught before release.

Back