• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Well, NWN2 stopped working for me . . .

Webslinger

Retired Moderator
Scanning -> C:\Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\nwn2main.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 11558912 (0B06000h) Bytes
-> Suspicious MZ Header..
[!] SecuROM Detected - Version 7.21
[!] Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check -> cdkey
- Scan Took : 0.406 Seconds

Neverwinter Nights 2 verion 1.05 (latest official patch)

I get the message "Please insert the Neverwinter Nights 2 Play disc."

Game Jackal version
Main 2.9.18.545
Driver version 2.9.18.505
Windows XP Pro service pack 2 (with all security patches installed)

The game does work with the original dvd inserted.

I don't have any weird lower or upperfilters.

Hmm . . .

I may try uninstalling and reinstalling Neverwinter Nights 2.

This program still works for me after the upgrade to the new Game Jackal (still using the old profile for the previous version) It is the current (1.05) US version DVD.

This program still works for me after the upgrade to the new Game Jackal (still using the old profile for the previous version) It is the current (1.05) US version DVD.

Yeah, I don't believe my issue here has anything to do with the upgrade, actually. But I'm not sure what the problem is.

I uninstalled and am currently repatching. I will then attempt to reprofile numerous ways.

Very time consuming . . . :(

I wonder what changed since the last time I played. Very weird, considering I had the profile locked

Well, completely uninstalling the old GJ version and reinstalling the new version didn't work.

I am also noticing when I select a profile from "My Profiles", right click, and select "create desktop icon", I'm getting an "List index out of bounds" error message.

This is all very weird, as I'm not someone who normally experiences error messages that I would otherwise attribute to `user error'.

Last edited:
I wonder if Anydvd is a bad idea to have running when creating a profile for a dvd game.

Running Anydvd didn't use to be an issue when profiling, but I admit a lot has changed to Anydvd since I created my original
NWN2 profile.

I wonder if Anydvd is a bad idea to have running when creating a profile for a dvd game.

Running Anydvd didn't use to be an issue when profiling, but I admit a lot has changed to Anydvd since I created my original
NWN2 profile.

very bad idea....

anydvd must be closed

very bad idea....

anydvd must be closed

O.k., well, I think I must have a very corrupted installation of Game Jackal.

My newly profiled NWN2.exe (shortcut) target is pointing to "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal\maplom_sc.exe" "39235-170569294|Shortcut to nwn2.exe"

and when I double click that icon, windows starts searching for maplom_sc.exe (flashlight icon).

The only filename that's similar on my system is C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\MAPLOM_SC.EXE-0D817CC3.pf

Considering I just uninstalled and reinstalled Game Jackal, I'm a little perplexed as to how to go about fixing this bad installation I have.

Last edited:
Sounds like you removed your old GJ but did not remove an altered NWN2 launch icon.

So you have game icon with a path to where GJ used to be on your system.

if you recall, GJ would offer to edit the game start up icon & it would give it a path like the one you described.

so either delete that icon, or edit its path, or start the game from within GJ

Sounds like you removed your old GJ but did not remove an altered NWN2 launch icon.

No. I did.

So you have game icon with a path to where GJ used to be on your system.

The fact that it's pointing to a Slysoft folder as opposed to a Maplom folder indicates otherwise.

O.k., this is weird. When I run Game Jackal, and select the NWN2 icon from my profiles, the game works fine. Yay! :) By the way, I profiled the game with Anydvd running, and it was running when I attempted to run this newly created profile. The profile works fine! :)

Anyway, I've deleted that icon that doesn't work on my desktop. Here's my problems (in attempting to create a desktop icon that works):

1. When I select a profile from "My Profiles", right click, and select "create desktop icon", I'm getting a "List index out of bounds (-1)" error message. :(

2. And if profile from a shortcut on my desktop, I get a newly profiled NWN2.exe (shortcut) target is pointing to "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal\maplom_sc.exe" "39235-170569294|Shortcut to nwn2.exe"
When I double click that icon, windows starts searching for maplom_sc.exe (flashlight icon).
The only filename that's similar on my system is C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\MAPLOM_SC.EXE-0D817CC3.pf
Considering I just uninstalled and reinstalled Game Jackal, I'm a little perplexed as to how to go about fixing this.

The profile itself works from "My Profiles" in Game Jackal though. The game runs fine.

Getting a working icon on my desktop is going to take some figuring out.

So my profile works now, but I can't get a working desktop icon.

Last edited:
New user - same symptom

I just downloaded and installed GJ 2.9.18.545. I've attempted to convert two shortcuts for my kids games to GJ. Conversion seems to work, I click on the converted shortcut and windows searches for missing shortcut maplom_sc.exe.
If I open up GJ and click on the profile there, the game starts up as I expect.
This appears to be a bug to me.... anyone have any ideas?

I just downloaded and installed GJ 2.9.18.545. I've attempted to convert two shortcuts for my kids games to GJ. Conversion seems to work, I click on the converted shortcut and windows searches for missing shortcut maplom_sc.exe.
If I open up GJ and click on the profile there, the game starts up as I expect.
This appears to be a bug to me.... anyone have any ideas?

What operating system are you running? And if you attempt to create a desktop shortcut, do you get a "List index out of bounds (-1)" error message?

I thought I was having problems with file associations--maybe leftover versions of older GameJackals are messing up shortcuts or something. But I uninstalled the old version, and I deleted all my old profiles.

So maybe it is a bug. I'm not sure.

I am definitely not someone who experiences issues like this with software in general.

Back