• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Weird Season Issue with HBO Max : Duplicate Episodes

StevenIvan

While HBO Max was working, I downloaded the first 3 episodes of season 1 of Titans. (DC)

Weird results. I had watched the first episode previously via a browser. I downloaded episode #2 first (so I could stream it to my TV) then episode #1 and ep #3.

I watched episode #2 (correct) yesterday and no issues. Tonight I went to watch Ep #3, and it was actually Ep #2. (but the captioning was for Ep #3. Weird. So I went to watch Ep #1, to see if it was ok, same deal .. it was recorded as EP #2, but with the subs for ep #1.

These were the last 3 things I downloaded before HBO MAX started giving me stream init errors.

I went back to look at the movies I downloaded, and they were all correct. (no duplicates) it feels like maybe this was some weird error where what was in memory / cache / etc. was just re-processed?

This was from a few days ago, so no logs :( and I can't reproduce, as I can log into HBO Max, but can't kick off a download.

Last edited:
If you can't reproduce it I assume it was only a bug. But if you can't kick off a dow load, you should share a log from this and explain it further. So you want to download something but nothing happens?

Just try to start a download again and if nothing happens, say for one minute, create a logfile and post it.

AnyStream's playlists for HBOmax "TV series" content is a mess right now. Hopefully it's addressed with the next update as the TV series content is all I'm interested in. Everything looks good in the interface. What actually ends up being downloaded is another story. The few TV series I've tried so far have mostly been duplicate episodes, irrespective of what episode I was actually attempting to download. It's all over the place. The episode that ends up getting downloaded might not even be from the season you have selected. They'll get it sorted out. As for downloading a movie, no issues there of course as you're just dealing with a single playlist.

yeah, its a mess. i tried downloading a few episodes of 'whose line is it anyways' and although HMAX doesnt have all the episodes, AS downloads are an even bigger mess. S01E03 was downloaded as S01E01 etc. and as lowpro said, youre not even sure if the downloaded episode is from the season you selected. on the other hand, how were any of you guise been able to grab a movie, every single one ive tried crashes AS. and ive tried many, lol. weird. but yes, HMAX is a complete mess at the moment. 'twill get fixed though, no doubt. and i cant wait since video quality on HMAX is far superior to any other provider, from what ive seen thus far. cheers!

AnyStream's playlists for HBOmax "TV series" content is a mess right now. Hopefully it's addressed with the next update as the TV series content is all I'm interested in. Everything looks good in the interface. What actually ends up being downloaded is another story. The few TV series I've tried so far have mostly been duplicate episodes, irrespective of what episode I was actually attempting to download. It's all over the place. The episode that ends up getting downloaded might not even be from the season you have selected. They'll get it sorted out. As for downloading a movie, no issues there of course as you're just dealing with a single playlist.
I cannot say anything about any other provider than Amz and NF, but I'd like to be able to add things to my watchlist on NF, like and dislike something and even have access to my list on NF as I have on Amz. It is a bit annoying since I have to open NF in my browser in addition to AS so I can do this. On Amz everything is fine.

In addition, on Amz it is possible to hide a video from the page but not on NF and maybe on other services as well. In this case it would be useful to add the link from the video to a list like an adblocker, so AS can hide the video. This would be very helpful as of now I have absolutely no hint if I already had something or not, only if I like or dislike a video on NF and than I cannot even see it unless I open NF in a browser.

every single one ive tried crashes AS
Than you should upload logfiles...
If you already did ignore this, I have not seen many posts in the past two weeks, still have to read them.

Well, knock on wood I haven’t had a single issue when downloading aside from the wrong TV episode downloading. Staying logged in to HBOmax now as well though if I log out of HBOmax, then close AnyStream it crashes. I’d never normally log out once logged in anyway though so.

I cannot say anything about any other provider than Amz and NF, but I'd like to be able to add things to my watchlist on NF, like and dislike something and even have access to my list on NF as I have on Amz. It is a bit annoying since I have to open NF in my browser in addition to AS so I can do this. On Amz everything is fine.

In addition, on Amz it is possible to hide a video from the page but not on NF and maybe on other services as well. In this case it would be useful to add the link from the video to a list like an adblocker, so AS can hide the video. This would be very helpful as of now I have absolutely no hint if I already had something or not, only if I like or dislike a video on NF and than I cannot even see it unless I open NF in a browser.

There is an entire thread filled with pages and pages of logfiles for the crash issue.
Devs are working on it should be fixed in next release.

This thread is about TV Content not downloading the correct episodes. At least two other users have substantiated this.
I would reproduce it, but can't at the moment due to the aforementioned error.

The more you clutter up this thread with other off topic subjects, the less likely someone is to see the actual problem.

I tested again this morning. If the TV series playlist issue is server side it hasn’t been fixed yet. Good things come to those who wait I suppose. :p

There is an entire thread filled with pages and pages of logfiles for the crash issue.
Devs are working on it should be fixed in next release.
So it is as I thought, I've just not seen this thread yet since I was not that active the last two weeks.

The more you clutter up this thread
It is offtopic, yes, only thought I write it since it came into my mind in that moment and it (NF UI) is something that is bothering me for quite a time .

I tested again today for anyone that hasn't lately and is wondering. If this TV series playlist issue is server side it still hasn't been fixed. Good things come to those who continue to wait I suppose. Would be excellent to see this addressed in the near future. Have absolutely no interest in HBOmax movie content so.

Last edited:
Back