• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Weird Quirk - Getting miscompares on verify, on ONE ISO, on ONE file

On the off chance anyone ever reads this thread in the future (I realize it's more of a personal journal :p), I wanted to update and report that I solved the problem.

It dawned on me that one thing that can cause weird system quirkiness is a weak CMOS battery. I replaced it, then cleared the CMOS using the motherboard's onboard CCMOS jumper, then went into CMOS on starting back up, loaded setup defaults, saved and rebooted, then put back in my normal settings, saved and rebooted. Problem is now gone!

I don't think my CMOS battery (a regular 2032) had ever been replaced. It tested dead on a battery tester, but the system was still retaining CMOS settings when powering down completely. It's a wonder it wasn't way more unstable.

Back