• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

weird problem with my backups

The image I made with CloneDVD with chapters removed looks good. No errors and it plays in PowerDVD w/ AnyDVD enabled.

I doubt this is the problem, but . . .

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that matches the region on the disc
viii. Start Anydvd
ix. click the fox icon on your toolbar. Go to Video dvd--->settings
x. Change the default to match the region on the disc
xi. Click Ok

Dude, it's a virtual drive. :) You can't set the region on it. It's the mounted image on the daemon tools drive.

It couldn't be an issue with Clonedvd's transcoder? These are uncompressed images that work, right?

Tristyn's using CloneDVD to remove stuff, then using Recode to compress. That was the case originally, as well.

Dude, it's a virtual drive. :) You can't set the region on it. It's the mounted image on the daemon tools drive.

lol, right, sorry . . .

Was reading the thread on cdfreaks and something else.

Wasn't paying close enough attention. :eek: :doh:

lol, right, sorry . . .

Was reading the thread on cdfreaks and something else.

Wasn't paying close enough attention. :eek: :doh:

It's kuel. :) Ok, I'm out for a bit. I gotta do that dad thing and go to parent/teacher conference. Yippie!

Tristyn's using CloneDVD to remove stuff, then using Recode to compress. That was the case originally, as well.

Ah, I see (I'm getting badly mixed up with other threads) . . . I think I'll go back to reading then. :eek:

Hopefully all the news is good. :clap:

Yea, it will be. It's for my 7 year old son. He's doing fine. My daughter...well, the 15 year old needs to smarten up, but, that's the life of a teen.

Good luck on the DVD's. Like I said, if you get a chance, try DVD Shrink. See if that has the same problem.

The Recode image that just failed is a compressed version of the CloneDVD image.

Seems weird that Recode would be acting up that badly. What version of Recode are you using?
More importantly, have you checked to see if an update is available for your version of Nero?

visit http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads.html

Anyway, it seems safe to say this is a third party products issue now.

Moving thread . . .

Last edited:
Seems weird that Recode would be acting up that badly. What version of Recode are you using?
More importantly, have you checked to see if an update is available for your version of Nero?

2.5.5.0 (Nero 7)

I just checked for updates yesterday and it didn't find any. Although the update software seems to often have a lot of problems.

2.5.5.0 (Nero 7)

I just checked for updates yesterday and it didn't find any. Although the update software seems to often have a lot of problems.

Try Dvd Shrink then to see if you can reproduce the problem. If not, it's probably a Recode issue.

I just figured out my firewall was blocking the update. It's updating now. Let's see what I have once it is finished.

I'll try Shrink too.

For now I am taking the little woman out to dinner so it will be later on this evening before I have any results.

Well, let us know how it goes. The updated Recode could help quite a bit. But Shrink is a good test, as well.

Well, updating Recode turned into a long exercise. After which I still have the same version I had before.

Latest test:

Newly installed Recode did make a playable DVD. There are still errors but at least it plays now.

Shrink created an error free DVD. It works like a champ.

I will play around a little more tomorrow but for now it looks like Recode is the culprit.

Well, updating Recode turned into a long exercise. After which I still have the same version I had before.

Latest test:

Newly installed Recode did make a playable DVD. There are still errors but at least it plays now.

Shrink created an error free DVD. It works like a champ.

I will play around a little more tomorrow but for now it looks like Recode is the culprit.

Weird. Oh well, at least you know it's Recode (or Recode isn't working on your system properly). Shrink offers approximately the same picture quality as Recode. Recode is a little faster at transcoding than Shrink though.

I'm glad you finally got this one figured out or at least narrowed down. In the meantime you have some software that'll work for making your backups. So it's not all bad. :)

Thanks again for all your help guys. There still has to be some reason I am having this problem and apparently no one else. If I ever figure it out I'll be sure to let you know.

So what, in your opinion, is the best way to do my backups now without Recode? I used Shrink for a long time before I purchased Recode and that looks like what I will use for compression. Do you think ImgBurn is the way to go for the burn or do you have other favorites?

If you figure it out I'd definitely love to know what's going on.

As for your question:

1) Pre-process with CloneDVD set to DVD DL mode to turn off compression. This will allow you to unselect titlesets you don't want. Output to a folder on the hard drive.
2) Use DVD Shrink to compress using Deep Analysis mode and output to an ISO
3) Use ImgBurn to burn the ISO

So, yes, use ImgBurn.

Hey, wait. Stupid question time. I'm too lazy to look back through the thread to find this, but did you try the following:

1) Pre-process with CloneDVD
2) Use Recode to compress and output to a folder on the hard drive...NOT an image
3) Create ISO from Recode output using ImgBurn
4) Mount image with Daemon to see if there's a problem

THAT might be a solution for you. That's pretty much what I do with all my discs.

Back