• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

weird problem with my backups

OK, well.........

I just created an image of Jungle Book with CloneDVD2, uncompressed and with nothing removed using my burner as the reader. It is perfect, no errors whatsoever.

Oh, and it plays in PowerDVD with AnyDVD enabled.

Last edited:
OK, well.........

I just created an image of Jungle Book with CloneDVD2, uncompressed and with nothing removed using my burner as the reader. It is perfect, no errors whatsoever.

:confused: :confused:

So the problem involves removing stuff, compression, or both?

1) What are you removing? What titlesets?

2) What happens if you create a dvd-5 image?

Surely compressing to dvd-5 isn't creating this problem?

You know, after all this testing, I'm now starting to wonder if this is a Clonedvd issue--and not an Anydvd problem at all.

Last edited:
OK, well.........

Oh, and it plays in PowerDVD with AnyDVD enabled.

Ok. Keep that image mounted, open Recode, and create an NRG image from the mounted ISO with Recode. Then unmount the CloneDVD image and mount the Recode image and see how that goes.

:confused:

So the problem involves removing stuff, compression, or both?

1) What are you removing?

2) What happens if you create a dvd-5 image?

Surely compressing to dvd-5 isn't creating this problem?

That's what I wanna find out next. I think they need to follow my directions to determine where the problem lies.

That's what I wanna find out next. I think they need to follow my directions to determine where the problem lies.

That's fine.

But I'm now starting to wonder if this is a Clonedvd issue--and not an Anydvd problem at all.

As I see it the current possibilities are compression, removing chapters, or Recode since this is the first burn I have done using anything but that. I'm going to have to place another DVD order before today is done. :D

Ok. Keep that image mounted, open Recode, and create an NRG image from the mounted ISO with Recode. Then unmount the CloneDVD image and mount the Recode image and see how that goes.

Should I compress with Recode or no?

As I see it the current possibilities are compression, removing chapters, or Recode since this is the first burn I have done using anything but that. I'm going to have to place another DVD order before today is done. :D

O.k., well have fun testing. But a full uncompressed Clonedvd rip should be the same as the rip from Anydvd ripper. That suggests to me that whatever this issue is it has absolutely nothing to do with Anydvd.

Last edited:
Your directions are sound, if we get that information it may shed a little more light on the problem.:agree:

O.k., well have fun testing. But a full uncompressed Clonedvd rip should be the same as the rip from Anydvd ripper. That suggests to me that whatever this issue is has absolutely nothing to do with Anydvd.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Something else is going on but I still want to get to the bottom of it.

@Webbie

Can you split this entire discussion into a new topic please? We can determine if it belongs in third party later. For now please split this into an AnyDVD topic until we determine the cause. Thanks!

@Webbie

Can you split this entire discussion into a new topic please? We can determine if it belongs in third party later. For now please split this into an AnyDVD topic until we determine the cause. Thanks!

You made me select 10 pages. :(
Grrrrrr.... ;)

You made me select 10 pages. :(
Grrrrrr....

That was why I wanted it split out...it hijacked a legit thread for what may not be an AnyDVD problem. It's appreciated. (And set your damn page limit higher will ya?! :D )

OK, underway.

I am also creating another image in Clone DVD with selected chapters removed and no compression. If that one is OK then I will turn on compression and try again.

The clean ISO that came out of CloneDVD from the uncompressed and unaltered backup gave this result when I ran that image through Recode:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)
DO1239Q ZQM922D 1.0
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2283696 sectors (4460 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: JUNGLE_BOOK_TES
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

And it will not play in PowerDVD with AnyDVD running.

The clean ISO that came out of CloneDVD from the uncompressed and unaltered backup gave this result when I ran that image through Recode:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)
DO1239Q ZQM922D 1.0

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2283696 sectors (4460 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: JUNGLE_BOOK_TES
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

And it will not play in PowerDVD with AnyDVD running.

Something's not working well with Recode then. Try the same clean ISO image with DVD Shrink and see what those results are. At least we've determined it's NOT AnyDVD and CloneDVD that's at fault. That's a good start.

I doubt this is the problem, but . . .

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that matches the region on the disc
viii. Start Anydvd
ix. click the fox icon on your toolbar. Go to Video dvd--->settings
x. Change the default to match the region on the disc
xi. Click Ok

Back