• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

weird problem with my backups

It shouldn't. Did you reboot?

a) Is DMA enabled for your drives in
i) Windows XP?
ii) Windows Vista?
iii) general?

Yes, I rebooted and DMA is enabled. DVD running mode4.

Anyway, the image looks EXACTLY like the DVD. Exact same results.

Status screen:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)
DO1239Q ZQM922D 1.0
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2283744 sectors (4460 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: JUNGLE BOOK 1 N
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
ERROR: AI Scanner has failed, error 12!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 7 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Last edited:

O.k., then I suspect there's an issue unless your drive is dying. I should expect then that SamuriHL can corroborate your results (once he actually tries to . . . ;) )

Can you do me one more favor that will take a bit of time? Using CloneDVD, rip the ENTIRE DareDevil DVD to your hard drive as an ISO file(don't deselect anything and make sure everything is selected for audio and subtitle options). Once the ISO is finished, mount that with Daemon Tools and see how that looks. Also, post the AnyDVD Status window of the original disc before processing it with CloneDVD. Just the status window text is necessary. I want to compare your results to mine. Thanks!

P.S. CloneDVD should be set to DVD +- DL mode to disable compression during this exercise.

O.k., then I suspect there's an issue unless your drive is dying. I should expect then that SamuriHL can corroborate your results (once he actually tries to . . . ;) )

You don't read well do you? :D I already did and can't reproduce what Tristyn's seeing. Hence why I want them to use CloneDVD to make an ISO and mount it.

Can you do me one more favor that will take a bit of time? Using CloneDVD, rip the ENTIRE DareDevil DVD to your hard drive as an ISO file(don't deselect anything and make sure everything is selected for audio and subtitle options). Once the ISO is finished, mount that with Daemon Tools and see how that looks. Also, post the AnyDVD Status window of the original disc before processing it with CloneDVD. Just the status window text is necessary. I want to compare your results to mine. Thanks!

P.S. CloneDVD should be set to DVD +- DL mode to disable compression during this exercise.

You are correct, that is going to take a lot of time. My son ran off with the original (damned kids) and I will have to go get it.

Ok, DareDevil works fine for me. AnyDVD sees the original as having no protection and sees the mounted image as having no protection. I don't know if that means anything or not on this issue.

Uhhh . . .

@Tristyn, if you were having the same problem with Daredevil, then I suggest trying to reproduce this issue on another computer or, at least, with another burner. If you can't reproduce this issue on another computer, then I suspect your burner is slowly dying (after 600 burns . . .)

Last edited:
I read fine once I find your posts, that is (see, I normally see your name and just decide to skip reading; hard to break out of my habit)

:D ;)

Hey I don't blame you. If I weren't me I'd not read my posts either. :D :disagree:

You are correct, that is going to take a lot of time. My son ran off with the original (damned kids) and I will have to go get it.

As soon as you can do that it'd be useful so that I can compare my results with yours. My copy of the Jungle Book is the original Disney release and has no protection on it and is a single layer disc. At least with DareDevil we can compare the results.

Uhhh . . .

@Tristyn, if you were having the same problem with Daredevil, then I suggest trying to reproduce this issue on another computer or, at least, with another burner. If you can't reproduce this issue on another computer, then I suspect your burner is slowly dying (after 600 burns . . .)

I just created an image with the same problem as the burned DVD which did not involve the burner except for reading. How does that make it the burner? So now I am creating an image directly from CloneDVD to see how that goes. I guess after that I will create and image using my other drive and see what that does.

I just created an image with the same problem as the burned DVD which did not involve the burner except for reading. How does that make it the burner? So now I am creating an image directly from CloneDVD to see how that goes. I guess after that I will create and image using my other drive and see what that does.

Are you using the burner to read the original disc? Cause that's what he's implying....the drive that's being used to read the disc is (possibly) dying.

I just created an image with the same problem as the burned DVD which did not involve the burner except for reading.

Bingo

Read what I highlighted

Faulty hardware is one of the most difficult things to troubleshoot (or even to figure out whether hardware is failing in the first place).

But I don't know whether you were having the exact same problem with Daredevil. If you were, then either your drive could be slowly dying or there is some serious issue on your system that won't be easy to figure out.

Last edited:
Bingo

Read what I highlighted

Faulty hardware is one of the most difficult things to troubleshoot (or even to figure out whether hardware is failing in the first place).

Gotcha.........my bad.

We'll have a pretty good idea soon enough. Once that CloneDVD image is done we'll be able to tell more what's going on.

I appreciate this issue must be very frustrating. If you do what SamuriHL asks that might shed some more light on this issue.

Are you feeling alright man? Actually suggesting that following my advice might lead to something useful?!?!? :D

Are you feeling alright man? Actually suggesting that following my advice might lead to something useful?!?!? :D

I'm not that bad, am I?

I (almost) wish you could reproduce Tristyn's issue. Then I could just wash my hands of this as an Anydvd bug.

I'm not that bad, am I?

I (almost) wish you could reproduce Tristyn's issue. Then I could just wash my hands of this as an Anydvd bug.

Hmmmm, not that bad...... :D J/K :)

And yea, this is not likely to be an AnyDVD bug I'm afraid. I just want to make sure to go the extra mile on this one and make SURE before we draw conclusions, but, I don't get the results Tristyn is seeing.

I can feel the love..........

If this turns out to be a bad drive I'm going to feel like an idiot. I'm supposed to be a decent tech and been working with these things for years. I should know better. However, everything seems ok except for these errors.

Soon as these tests are done, if there is nothing conclusive, I will run over and get that Daredevil DVD from the kid's house. Unfortunately the only other PC I have in the house doesn't have a DVD drive in it.

Thanks again for all the help.

It happens even to the best of us. Hardware issues are a PITA to deal with and diagnose. Drives failing is not an uncommon problem. Bad discs are also not as uncommon as people would like to believe, unfortunately. It just takes time to determine where the problem is.

Back