• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

weird problem with my backups

This packet writing drag to disc garbage from Sonic has got to go.

Uninstall it, and ensure it no longer appears in your filters.

Here's how you check:

a) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)

b) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Is CDR4_XP still there? If it is you need to

1)Backup your registry.

2) Select CDR4_XP and select "Remove Selected Filter". Reboot

It doesn't matter if you've had this junk on your system for years. It needs to go.

Use dvd-ram instead if you want drag-and-drop functionality. Packet writing software is less stable and simply causes problems.

I don't want this "garbage" on my system but when I removed it my drives died. It was not purposely installed and I do not have Sonic on my system, at least not by name. However, it does appear that my scanner software installed this junk but I can not unstall it unless I never want to use my scanner....not an option. I did download ImgBurn last night and tried that but it also killed my drives. I will try it again as it was getting late and I was tired and may have inadvertently screwed something up.

Thanks for the help!

I don't want this "garbage" on my system but when I removed it my drives died. It was not purposely installed and I do not have Sonic on my system, at least not by name. However, it does appear that my scanner software installed this junk but I can not unstall it unless I never want to use my scanner....not an option. I did download ImgBurn last night and tried that but it also killed my drives. I will try it again as it was getting late and I was tired and may have inadvertently screwed something up.

Thanks for the help!

It's important to remove the entry from your filters (within your registry) as opposed to merely deleting the driver from your hard drive. You need to remove the filter--not just the driver.

OK, filters are gone and the drives are still there. YAY! I knew it was too late last night. :)

The errors are still there but, as you said, the problem might be with the backup itself. I will burn a new one and see what we get. My machine is a little slow so this will take a while.

Thanks again for all your help.

OK, filters are gone and the drives are still there. YAY! I knew it was too late last night. :)

The errors are still there but, as you said, the problem might be with the backup itself. I will burn a new one and see what we get. My machine is a little slow so this will take a while.

Awesome, that's great news! I'm working on DareDevil R1 right now as you said that was another one you had problems with. What are you using to burn the discs?

It's important to reboot after removing the filter entry.

Please don't use VobBlanker while producing this backup (for testing purposes).

Also, do this as well . . .

i. For XP with ide burners
Click this

Do what it says to do if you have XP and an ide burner/optical drive.

ii. For Vista with ide burners

Go into device manager, and check to ensure you're using standard Microsoft ide busmaster drivers.

Right click on your PCI IDE Bus Master controller, and remove it. Ensure that it also removes the driver for your DVD/CD rom. Reboot. Your system should find hardware. After your system is finished installing hardware, reboot again.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=48880&postcount=20 to get a better idea of what I'm asking for if you're using Vista.

Awesome, that's great news! I'm working on DareDevil R1 right now as you said that was another one you had problems with. What are you using to burn the discs?

Here is how I burned these movies:
Select/deselect items with CloneDVD and rip to HDD (with AnyDVD running, of course)
Edit and process with VOB Blanker
Tested HDD files for playability - checked OK
Burn with Recode (Nero 7) at 12X max using Advanced Analysis and Slow Burn
Re-insert DVD to test w/ PowerDVD - it starts then just stops
Disable AnyDVD and the movie plays fine.
Play in DVD deck and movie plays fine.

Here is how I burned these movies:
Select/deselect items with CloneDVD and rip to HDD (with AnyDVD running, of course)
Edit and process with VOB Blanker
Tested HDD files for playability - checked OK
Burn with Recode (Nero 7) at 12X max using Advanced Analysis and Slow Burn
Re-insert DVD to test w/ PowerDVD - it starts then just stops
Disable AnyDVD and the movie plays fine.
Play in DVD deck and movie plays fine.

Ok, I'll test my burn with Recode. I'm using Nero 8, though, but it should be close enough.

Also, do this as well . . .

i. For XP with ide burners
Click this

Do what it says to do if you have XP and an ide burner/optical drive.

I'm not so sure about removing a working driver that's been on my system since I brought it home but u-da-man. I'll give it a try once my test burn is done.

I'm not so sure about removing a working driver that's been on my system since I brought it home but u-da-man. I'll give it a try once my test burn is done.

Urgh. I was hoping you'd get a chance to do that before burning. Oh well . . .

If you're not having issues burning, then I guess don't bother (but I'm not sure if you're not having issues with a bad ide busmaster driver).

Anyway, if SamuriHL can reproduce this problem, we should have a better idea.

Trust him on this stuff. He knows it *FAR* better than I ever will. He's helped countless people with these kinds of problems. :)

I doubt that, but thanks for the compliment.

I had another thought (this will save on using blank media).

@Tristyn

Can you create an image file, mount it in a virtual drive, and see if you can reproduce the problem with Anydvd active?

If that works, then there's a problem I think with Tristyn's burns.

That's exactly what I'm doing right now. It'll be done shortly.

Trust him on this stuff. He knows it *FAR* better than I ever will. He's helped countless people with these kinds of problems. :)

By the way, you liked Daredevil? :confused:

I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, but I thought that movie sucked. :)

Urgh. I was hoping you'd get a chance to do that before burning. Oh well . . .

If you're not having issues burning, then I guess don't bother (but I'm not sure if you're not having issues with a bad ide busmaster driver).

Anyway, if SamuriHL can reproduce this problem, we should have a better idea.

I did do it before the burn. :) The DVD is in the oven as we speak.

And yeah, I did like DareDevil. Sure it's hokey but at least it is entertaining.

By the way, you liked Daredevil? :confused:

I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, but I thought that movie sucked. :)

It was still better than Elektra... but not by much... ;)

To each their own, of course. :D

Wow, without doing the VOB Blanker thing first I got to 14.7% completion before I hit any video on Jungle Book.

Yeah, Elektra sux.........but I still like it too. Now if you want to talk about a bad comic book movie there is Ghost Rider. What a disappointment that was.

I doubt that, but thanks for the compliment.

I had another thought (this will save on using blank media).

@Tristyn

Can you create an image file, mount it in a virtual drive, and see if you can reproduce the problem with Anydvd active?
If you don't know how to do this, SamuriHL can guide you. :D

If that works, then there's a problem I think with Tristyn's burns.

No, I don't know how. But if it will help I am game to give it a shot.

I gotta find a job so I don't have time for this stuff. Unemployment suxxors.

Back