• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Weird behavior on disc

dbminter

Tried processing this one disc, but it's behaving oddly out of the gate. First, it detects structural protection on a disc from a cheap, no name company, so I would doubt there's actually structural protection on it. Then, when I tried ripping files to HD, I got a message box from AnyDVD Ripper that just said:

"VobSet 8 0 1 49 66 61"

Never seen an error message like that before.

Attached is the log.

The disc in question is an R1 double feature of The Vindicator and The Stepfather. Actually, it was advertised as an R1 disc, but, on the back, it does say All regions.

With AnyDVD resident, I started up DVDShrink and it is, thus far, reading this disc to a VIDEO_TS folder. It's 10% done thus far. I'll edit this post again when it finishes to indicate if it succeeded or failed. It succeeded 100% and the contents appear to play fine. I didn't play the entire contents, but loaded them in DVDReMake and wrote a new VIDEO_TS, so it seems to be okay.

Thanks!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.9.0_Info_R_THE VINDICATOR THE STEPFATHER.ziplog
    136.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Installed the latest beta, 8.4.9.2. Problem persists as described above. Attached is the log generated by the latest beta.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.9.2_Info_R_THE VINDICATOR THE STEPFATHER.ziplog
    136.5 KB · Views: 4
You can try to disable "copy protection based on..."
But this disc is really poorly authored. Violating specs...

Code:
1.89s: WARNING: File /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.IFO at 434, VMI TS 1 at 442!
1.92s: Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
1.97s: WARNING: File /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.IFO at 434, VMI TS 1 at 442!
2.00s: WARNING: File /VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_0.IFO at 1713, VMI TS 2 at 1721!
...13 more...

If you disable "copy protection based on...", can you create an .iso image?

Yeah, this disc is really poorly made. Structural protection where there is none. It's a double feature disc with 2 90 minute movies, but they put in on a freaking DVD-5! One of the movies has foreign subtitles burned into the print, so I don't think this company necessarily has the rights to release these. However, it's the only R1 DVD release ever of The Vindicator, so you have to take what you can get. Plus, the video is framed in really odd proportions.

I'm currently processing a different disc, but, when it finishes, I'll try disabling Copy protection based on and see if it gets any better. I'll try both ripping to files and to ISO. I'll post a follow up post with those results.

I disabled Copy protection based on unreadable sectors. Got no prompts saying there was structural protection. Proceeded to start ripping files to HD. It finished successfully. Started ripping to ISO. Completed successfully. So, it was that option causing the issue. Will renable Copy protection based on unreadable sectors after this test.

Thanks again!

Back