• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Webslinger drools all over $200 G19 keyboard

Webslinger

Retired Moderator
It's totally useless since I also own a first gen G15 keyboard, but I'm drooling over reviews of the Logitech G19 anyway.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2341322,00.asp

Not only is it useless, but it's kinda power hungry as well, so you just know I'm going to buy it for no particular reason. It should be more widely available next month.

Maybe someone will talk some sense into me by then.

Wow, so useless, but I want it . . . :doh: :D

Last edited:
LOL that sounds just like the conversations I have with a buddy of mine. We are both gadget/tech/electronics/etc nuts. I find myself purchasing things a lot just because it's cool/neat/fun/has lots of lights not because I need it, at all.

So out of curiosity what was the something halfway useful? I might need it as well :)

LOL that sounds just like the conversations I have with a buddy of mine. We are both gadget/tech/electronics/etc nuts. I find myself purchasing things a lot just because it's cool/neat/fun/has lots of lights not because I need it, at all.

So out of curiosity what was the something halfway useful? I might need it as well :)

I am mildly interested in the new Oppo BDP-83 player that's being produced (I think I hear someone at Denon crying), despite it being Region A locked (provided the firmware bugs get hammered out). That's going to cost significantly more than $200.

Last edited:
Looks nice, I have been "needing" a BD player that will bitstream the HD audio CODECs so I put this one on my radar. I currently use the PS3 and while I know there should not be a difference, my friends Sony BDP-S550 sounded better bitstreaming to my Onkyo TX-SR706 than the PS3 LPCM.

Looks nice, I have been "needing" a BD player that will bitstream the HD audio CODECs so I put this one on my radar. I currently use the PS3 and while I know there should not be a difference, my friends Sony BDP-S550 sounded better bitstreaming to my Onkyo TX-SR706 than the PS3 LPCM.

The Oppo walks, talks, and makes apple pie. And it does it with PS3 Blu-ray navigation speeds and with SD playback that walks all over the PS3. Toss in SACD and DVD-Audio, and you got a player that for $500-$600 is going to give the Denon DVD-A1UD (costing some $3000-$5000, depending on the source) a run for its money (which is why I think someone at Denon must be crying somewhere). I'm hoping someone releases a Region A firmware hack. Or maybe the European version of the Oppo BDP-83 will be region free (but I doubt it).

I found a FAQ that may be of some interest: http://watershade.net/wmcclain/BDP-...-i-buy-non-region-a-1-versions-of-this-player

Upscaled SD playback will be similar to the Oppo dv-983H (which is made region free easily via the remote control), which was already better than practically every other dvd player on the market anyway: http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/dvd-players/284-a-secrets-dvd-player-benchmark-review.html

Last edited:

I have a G19 keyboard now.

Totally useless (since I had a g15 previously), but cool :agree:

Well, it's not entirely useless for me. I had the original G15 keyboard (not the version 2 that you have), and it was way too wide. This takes up less room.

Do you own a Lavalys Everest license?

Yes (for quite awhile)

But I had a G15 previously, and all the info I want was displayed on there anyway.

The G19 makes everything much nicer to look at though (and you can add more info, I suppose).

In my defense, I didn't actually pay for this keyboard.

Last edited:
Back