• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Web, Charlie, and Legirons

Status
Not open for further replies.

creeper6996

I've been a part of the forums here for awhile now. Webslinger and Charlie, you have both helped me out in the past, and I do appreciate it very much, but there was a post that included you two and Legirons. In that post, Charlie told the OP that his question was stupid and then went on to accuse the OP of renting movies, copying them, and returning them. After that, Legirons made a comment about English skills. While I'll admit that was wrong, was it right for a senior member, Charlie, to say that someone's question was stupid and them accuse them of something that he had no idea about. And, then is it correct for a Moderator to scold the Junior Member for a comment about English and then lock the thread?

I hope I didn't burn any bridges, but I'm a senior member too and I don't call people's questions stupid and accuse them of things and then expect a mod to stick up for me. I don't think this is the correct example to set for our junior members.

With all due respect,
Creeper6996

I, in all honesty, had no idea whom Charlie was addressing with his comments; he didn't quote anyone (nor did I really understand his post--except for "let the flames begin", which I understood to be promoting some kind argument). I thought he was making a generalization about . . . I'm not exactly sure. Given your interpretation of Charlie's comments, yes, they are offensive, if that's what he meant (I really have no idea). If that is what he meant, I will be around to see if he makes the same comments again in the future. If he does, he will be issued a warning.

Regardless, Legiron's comment did break forum rules (and I did understand that post), and I perceived the thread as having little to no value, considering the OP's question had been answered (also a search on the forums will also reveal solutions and the proper method of asking for help) and also that the thread had deteriorated into a potential flame war. So I closed it.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

My decision making here is not open to debate.

I was not playing any kind of favoritism; I don't care if someone being offensive is a senior or junior member.
I will issue warnings, regardless.

But abiding by the forum rules is a given no matter what:

"We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums is a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system."

And my decision here is not open to debate or discussion. :policeman:

I don't call people's questions stupid and accuse them of things and then expect a mod to stick up for me.

I should hope not.

Thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back