WB DVD wont load - Executive Suite 1953

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lajoes, Nov 8, 2020.

1. lajoes

lajoes Active Member

I have had this Barbara Stanwyck Signature Collection 5 DVD set since it came out in 2007.

Two of the discs have always given me problems, Executive Suite 1953, UPC 012569575523

If and when I can even get the disc to mount, the only options I have to back up are the Warner Brothers splash screen and the FBI warning.

Otherwise, the drive light just flashes and flashes....

On the other hand, when I put it in my OPPO Home Entertainment BD Player, it does take a while to load.

Any idea how to get around this?

I would like to make an ISO of this disc because of the special features.

Finally, I get the same thing situation if I attempt to use any competitor's products to open this disc.

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Anydvd logfile please

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

3. lajoes

lajoes Active Member

Sorry Ch3vr0n, CloneDVD2 did not make any logs. I can not get past this stage.

The weird thing is Media Player Classic will eventually start up and play the film.

4. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

A CloneDVD log was not requested, an AnyDVD log is needed. From the "PLEASE read this before you post" sticky, #5:

5. lajoes

lajoes Active Member

I'm still learning the finer nuisances of these programs, but I can not find any ANYDVD ziplog.

When I use ANYDVD to rip the disc, there is no log created, at least that I can find.

6. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Thats because you're not reading the instructions for an anydvd logfile. The first image you're adding as "anydvd logfile", isn't a logfile at all. That's an image of the status information. Please read the instructions posted again carefully. Logfile's arent created until you tell anydvd to create one (and how you do that is posted in the instructions).

What does however immediately stand out, is that you havent set your drive hardware region code. which does have an impact on css decryption, which MIGHT be the cause of this problem.

EXIT anydvd completely! The fox tray icon can NOT be running. Then go into windows device manager and set your drive hardware region. "Windows Device manager > CD/DVD roms > pick the proper drive > region tab"