• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Warcraft 3 always asks to put CD in

codex

Hey. Reign of chaos and frozen throne both don't work. Keep telling me to put cd in.

1. What version of Game Jackal are you running? GameJackal Pro 3.0.0 beta 2
2. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack? Windows vista ultimate 32 bit

3. If you have virtual drives, disable them while profiling and playing profiles. This includes Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, Virtual Clonedrive, Clonecdtray, and possibly Anydvd. done
4. Remove packet writing software from your system (including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, NTI's Filecd, etc.) done
5. What protection does your game use? SecuROM Version 4.84.81
6. What is the name of the game you're trying to run? Warcraft III Frozen Throne
7. What is the version of the game? 1.21
8. Is it cd or dvd version? CD
9. What region or country is the original disc from? north america
10. What cpu are you running? quad core
11. What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader? LG super multi blue
12. What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers. nothing really
13. Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages. Games tell me to insert CD when running profile

You cannot use "Automatic" for warcraft 3. You must use the profile listed in the drop down menu. Also, use the non-expansion disc for the expansion when creating the profile.

I didnt use automatic. And I did use the original for the expansion (I tried both).

Even the original itself requests a cd, so forget the expansion working any better.

Any ideas?

I think this may be the same bug that effects "Gears of War" on Vista32 (using GJ v3.0.0.0). We are planning to address this in beta 4.

FYI. This should work fine under XP... could someone confirm??

Warcraft3 has not worked since slysoft put out their first "version". They know it along with older games but they rope a dope by posting the generic post your version, color of computer case, how many hard drives, is your computer on or off questions. Revert back to a version that works like maplom v2.7.13.341 email me if you need it. matthew i told you a month ago it doesnt work and i told you when slysoft released its first version changed from maploms that it does not work!

Last edited:
Warcraft3 has not worked since slysoft put out their first "version". They know it along with older games but they rope a dope by posting the generic post your version, color of computer case, how many hard drives, is your computer on or off questions. Revert back to a version that works like maplom v2.7.13.341 email me if you need it. matthew i told you a month ago it doesnt work and i told you when slysoft released its first version changed from maploms that it does not work!

from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=51369#post51369

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums is a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system."

Consider this a warning. :policeman:

If you're not going to provide Slysoft with information, good luck getting help.

email me if you need it

Receive email and offer email to others here at your own risk.
click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=864

Last edited:

The drivers have been heavily worked for v3... So it would be good to get feedback on the v3 beta on XP (and this game)... That's what I was asking, however I could have been a little clearer ;)

Dunno if it'll help, but for WC3 (original) to work, I had to used the Frozen Throne disc and the Reign of Chaos profile map. I know, go figure. Works is works though, right? :)

For Frozen Throne I used the FT disc and the FT profile map.

Cheers.

It's been a long time since I have played WC3. I installed today and thought that GJ could work with this. I am having the same problem, it says to insert the CD. I also have Vista. I have tried this before with Starcraft, and it did play but did end up crashing a some point (the lastest patch from Blizzard for Starcraft allows to play without the CD :). Is there anyway to get WC3 to do the same? I am not a big gamer, and have yet to successfully get GJ to work properly. Also, the image button while making a profile... is that common to use, and what type of games would that be used? Thanks for the help!

It's been a long time since I have played WC3. I installed today and thought that GJ could work with this. I am having the same problem, it says to insert the CD. I also have Vista. I have tried this before with Starcraft, and it did play but did end up crashing a some point (the lastest patch from Blizzard for Starcraft allows to play without the CD :). Is there anyway to get WC3 to do the same? I am not a big gamer, and have yet to successfully get GJ to work properly. Also, the image button while making a profile... is that common to use, and what type of games would that be used? Thanks for the help!

Image mode is for those games that read from the CD/DVD while playing. What it does is to make a CD/DVD image on the hard drive that contains the full contents of the disc. Note this takes a LOT of room compared to a normal Game Jackal profile, so if you can avoid it, then you should.

It is strange because WC3 has worked for me. But it only worked about 1/3 of the time. I have always had the same issue with diablo 2 as well.

Back