• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Wall-E backup with 1 click

lions123

Not sure why 1 Click will not copy Wall E on the fly with anydvd like it does for all other movies without disabling Anydvd copy protection based on unreadable sectors but here is the work around for now. Not sure if this is a problem with 1 click or anydvd:

If you are attempting to copy "Wall E" and you are using AnyDVD, you'll need to either disable AnyDVD's "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" and enable 1CLICK's CPRx or use AnyDVD's "Rip Video DVD To Hard disc" and then copy with 1CLICK. AnyDVD's "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" option does not permit 1CLICK to work properly on this DVD.

Last edited:
thanks but this is well-known

Not sure why 1 Click will not copy Wall E on the fly with anydvd like it does for all other movies without disabling Anydvd copy protection based on unreadable sectors but here is the work around for now. Not sure if this is a problem with 1 click or anydvd:

If you are attempting to copy "Wall E" and you are using AnyDVD, you'll need to either disable AnyDVD's "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" and enable 1CLICK's CPRx or use AnyDVD's "Rip Video DVD To Hard disc" and then copy with 1CLICK. AnyDVD's "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" option does not permit 1CLICK to work properly on this DVD.

This is a fail-safe method for almost anything these days if you use 1Click and has been so for a long time. CloneDVD users do not have to fumble around with this kind of thing. 8)
Since 1Click (and some other products)t can not handle the processed sectors you need to "rip video...." and then burn that content.

But thanks for bringing this up again. Might help some 1Click users out there who forgot about that or never knew it.

Since 1Click (and some other products)t can not handle the processed sectors you need to "rip video...." and then burn that content.

Just to clarify Frank's statement, use Rip Video DVD to Harddisk... on standard DVDs. Do not use Rip to Image.... The two methods are not interchangeable and the Rip to Image... method was created for HDs & BDs which do not contain any structural protections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkLyeAndDie
The two methods are not interchangeable and the Rip to Image... method was created for HDs & BDs which do not contain any structural protections.

If "Rip to Image" was only "for HDs & BDs which do not contain any structural protections", then why have the check box for "keep copy protection?" Rip to image has worked successfully for a while now with DVDs. I forget which version of AnyDVD it was, but Kingdom of the Crystal Skull developed bad sectors in the image again. Then the last new release version before 6485 fixed that problem. Now, Wall-E, shows 5 bad sector protections on the original disk, and 13 bad sector protections on the DL copy. A Rip to Image of the copy produces another image with 7 bad sector protections. An image of the last image still shows 7 bad sector protections. This is pretty much what happened with Crystal Skull. Rip to video works fine, but I don't want to have to recompile an image, or get screwed over because the "writeDVD.dll" is messed up. In other words, I just want to be able to rip to image and burn the image. 2 easy steps.

What I think would be awesome is for every movie to come out on BD/DVD/Portable. In other words, one side of the disk be BD, the other side be DVD, and then an extra disk with the protable version. This would be perfect for people like me, who can only watch BD on their computer, but want to watch the film on their laptop or PSP Portable. With some films, I've actually bought the BD and DVD versions of the film.

If "Rip to Image" was only "for HDs & BDs which do not contain any structural protections", then why have the check box for "keep copy protection?"

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=14989

"Rip to image" should not be used with dvds containing structural protection.
In fact, it is hoped by at least a couple of people that the feature is completely removed for Anydvd users.

Rip to image has worked successfully for a while now with DVDs.

So has Clonecd, but Clonecd does not remove all structural protection and neither does "rip to image". Very similar processes (Clonecd and rip to image)

If you want to create .isos, use Clonedvd.

Rip to video works fine, but I don't want to have to recompile an image, or get screwed over because the "writeDVD.dll" is messed up.

It's not messed up.

In other words, I just want to be able to rip to image and burn the image. 2 easy steps.

Use Clonedvd

Last edited:
Since 1Click (and some other products)t can not handle the processed sectors

That's not entirely true. If copy protection based on unreadable sectors is unchecked in Anydvd and if 1-Click can still backup Wall-E (and 1-Click can), then 1-Click is in fact handling those unreadable sectors. 1-Click's CPRx is meant to do the same job that checking "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" does in Anydvd. There's obviously some sort of conflict in the manner in which these two features operate in both programs. Previously one or the other needed to be disabled. It now seems that "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" no longer works (actually, this has been the case for awhile) in the manner 1-Click's developer would like (as noted on 1-Click's forums where the 1-Click developer criticizes Anydvd for this). I question whether that criticism is warranted considering all other programs except 1-Click that can handle structural protections on the fly (not just Clonedvd) appear to work fine when "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" is checked in Anydvd.

Last edited:
Thank you for this posting, in particular. I have been having continuing difficulty backing up "WALL E" and had, until reading Webslinger's posting, tried numerous approaches with varied success, but never full success. I simply turned off bad sector protection in AnyDVD and 1Click handled the copying without incident -- finally! I have found AnyDVD and 1Click to be a very potent combination, but I obviously need to get to know them better.

Thank you Webslinger! It would be nice to see James look into this problem since something is wrong with the way anydvd handles unreadable sectors (only a few movies movies with 3ed party programs) and update the program for 1 click like he does for other third party programs. I think both Anydvd and 1 click are outstanding programs and cant thank the programers enough for what they do.

Last edited:
It's not always AnyDVD

Just to inform:

1Click announced an update to handle the sector issues as presented byAnyDVD for Wall_E.

I find it most entertaining that an error message in 1Click prompted many users to open an AnyDVD ticket. :mad:

It would be nice to see James look into this problem since something is wrong with the way anydvd handles unreadable sectors

I'm not sure that's true considering that all other programs that I'm aware of that can handle weird disc structures can handle Anydvd's output on the fly. So changing Anydvd to work with 1-Click may affect compatibility with other programs, and it appears to me that 1-Click is in the minority in this respect. Regardless, with 1-Click it has always been the case that you need to either disable CPRx in 1-Click or "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" in Anydvd in order to make these two programs work harmoniously. This situation appears to have changed with certain discs, and the Anydvd option needs to be disabled if you use 1-Click.

The truth is even before 1-Click and dvd43 were updated, Anydvd could still handle Wall-E perfectly fine.

Frank said:
1Click announced an update to handle the sector issues as presented by AnyDVD for Wall_E.

1-Click's version history actually states for the latest 1-Click 5.5.3.0 release (November 18, 2008 ), "Note: If you are attempting to copy "Wall E" and you are using AnyDVD, you'll need to either disable AnyDVD's "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" and enable 1CLICK's CPRx or use AnyDVD's "Rip Video DVD To Hard disc" and then copy with 1CLICK. AnyDVD's "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" option does not permit 1CLICK to work properly on this DVD. If you are using DVD43, you'll need to make sure you have the latest version (4.4.0) because earlier versions do not decrypt this DVD properly."

Last edited:
Hi Webslinger,

I think Anydvd is the best program ever writen and I have tried other paid Decryption programs but I do have a few questions?

Is there any reason for Anydvd to sometimes work on the fly with movies that have a lot of structure problems and not to work on other movies. What would cause this once the Anydvd programers update the program? You would think that once they update the program all programs would see the movies with no problems and copy on the fly after the structure problem was fixed. I know the work around is to rip to hard drive first but thats just a workaround and thats not what makes Anydvd the great program it is.

Thank you

This is what you posted:

Pay close attention to step 3 below.

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.8.5: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar, and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural

Last edited:
Just found this on a 3ed party forum anyway im out of this post to much has been said. Thank you anydvd for the great program:

"I'd say that AnyDVD needs a little work

Most movies that I've tried
I can Drag and Drop the AnyDVD Resulting VIDEO_TS Folder
- from my Drive to my HDD ( using Windows Explorer to Rip )
This cannot be done with WALL_E
The Resulting Windows Explorer = 59.9GB

There are a few movies that you need to use either CPRx
- or simply use the AnyDVD"Ripper" to rip the AnyDVD result to your Hard Drive
"Leatherheads" , "Reservation Road" / etc.
This is usually the exception - more than the Rule

Apparently the AnyDVD result needs to be processed
- in order for 1Click to use the result properly

Why? exactly ...... I don't know"

Maybe this is one reason why Anydvd is have problems with the following programs:

Pay close attention to step 3 below.

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.8.5: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar, and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

Last edited:
"I'd say that AnyDVD needs a little work

Most movies that I've tried
I can Drag and Drop the AnyDVD Resulting VIDEO_TS Folder

The person who wrote that has absolutely no clue what he or she is talking about. You should never drag and drop files in Windows Explorer using Anydvd with dvds containing structural protection. That person needs to learn how to use Anydvd properly.

Maybe this is one reason why Anydvd is have problems with the following programs:

I wrote what you copied below this point (those 3 steps). Anydvd isn't having problems with those programs. Those programs cannot handle structural protection, and that's why "rip video dvd to harddisk" was implemented a long, long time ago. Shrink 3.2 and Nero Recode cannot handle the wacky nonsense dvd structures that Sony/Lionsgate, New Line, and some other companies produce on some of their releases. And Anydvd cannot alter these crazy structures/Vobs on the fly for Shrink 3.2. No on the fly decrypter can. That's what Anydvd Ripper is for ( "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk").

Anydvd works fine on the fly with Clonedvd, Clonecd, DVDnextcopy, and DVD Rebuilder (I think) with discs containing structural protection. 1-Click is in the minority here, and that's why I say that if a change is made it may (I don't know for sure, but it seems reasonable to speculate) negatively impact more programs than simply helping out 1-Click. Anyway, I have brought this issue to James' attention previously. He may or may not doing something.

Last edited:
Is there any reason for Anydvd to sometimes work on the fly with movies that have a lot of structure problems and not to work on other movies.

Anydvd can not change vobs on the fly (nor can any current decrypter) for programs that cannot handle structural protections properly. DVDShrink, for example, adheres quite strongly to a dvd-video standard (it cannot handle structural protections without assistance). Consequently, Anydvd ripper is required with Shrink for these dvds: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992

You would think that once they update the program all programs would see the movies with no problems

No. Most don't.

Last edited:
Ik have tried both and no success. I have tried AnyDVD's 'Rip video DVD to harddisk' and the resulting vob's contain repeated videomaterial (on certain points in the movie about 1 second gets repeated 2 times after each other). If I try ripping with 1click (disabling 'copy protection based on unreadable sectors' in AnyDVD), no luck either.

Normally I use XMPEG to convert movies to divx avi's, but that sometimes gives problems with certain DVD's and Wall-E is by far the most annoying. I have no idea how to backup this one.

Ik have tried both and no success. I have tried AnyDVD's 'Rip video DVD to harddisk' and the resulting vob's contain repeated videomaterial (on certain points in the movie about 1 second gets repeated 2 times after each other).

Don't play .vobs. You should be selecting the video_ts.ifo file when you attempt playback after using "rip video dvd to harddisk". Don't disable anything in Anydvd when you rip using that method.

Normally I use XMPEG to convert movies to divx avi's, but that sometimes gives problems with certain DVD's and Wall-E is by far the most annoying. I have no idea how to backup this one.

That's not a 1-Click nor an Anydvd issue.

Hi Webslinger,
Is there any reason for Anydvd to sometimes work on the fly with movies that have a lot of structure problems and not to work on other movies. What would cause this once the Anydvd programers update the program? You would think that once they update the program all programs would see the movies with no problems and copy on the fly after the structure problem was fixed. I know the work around is to rip to hard drive first but thats just a workaround and thats not what makes Anydvd the great program it is.

To answer this, you'd need a history lesson that dates back to the very dawn of this BBS during dark days of SAW III. On that title, so MUCH crazy structural protection was added that some DVD Players could not even play the disk!! While AnyDVD "could" have been modified to do this "on the fly" - it was determined that it might take 20 minutes to scan (ie read) the WHOLE disk to find all the structural crap. Therefore it's just as easy to rip it and be done with it. This especially since the next logical step most people use is ripping the disk anyway.

-W

I got Wall-E to copy fine

I got Wall-E to copy fine. I installed anydvd and it fixed the copy protection and read errors (keeping the copy protection based on unreadable sectors checked), then i used dvd shrink 3.2 normally. It copied fine without any errors or problems.

I got Wall-E to copy fine. I installed anydvd and it fixed the copy protection and read errors (keeping the copy protection based on unreadable sectors checked), then i used dvd shrink 3.2 normally. It copied fine without any errors or problems.

Exactly. The whole point of ripping with the AnyDVD ripper is to allow older programs that never heard of "structural copy protection" to continue to function as intended.

-W

Back