• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Walking With The Enemy

The logfile previously attached was created using the drive with the region setting. I presume another one isn't needed ?

Why the need to only set a region once? Doesn't this contradicts the '5 times only" rule which is must in place when AnyDVD is not running? Yes /No?
If AnyDVD removes the Region code (as implied by the tick in Settings) isn't it then redundant? It would be helpful to know why it would cause unable to crack all CSS Keys error.
I don't think the message is authentic, as it happens on both drives, remembering one has a region set and one doesn't. I tried a couple of other DVDs and no such message is generated. Also the resultant WWTE file seems be be OK but I've only done spot checks so far.

Regarding multiple topics, maybe put something in the FAQ about avoiding that, as following the instructions precisely is what caused it. Thank you for fixing.
Sorry, but AnyDVD and I, beg to differ. Until you set that drive region, any other discussion is useless.
Summary for drive X: (AnyDVD HD 8.1.2.0, BDPHash.bin 17-05-03)
ASUS DRW-24D5MT 1.00 O01790C K2JG5CF5051
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

I don't doubt you're right - but you don't seem to understand the drive region is set.

Unless you're saying both drives need to be set. In which case I can prove that by removing the one not set.
This would meet your criteria ?
However I'd like to hear argument why (whatever state drives are in) one disk causes this message where several/all others don't.
This (of course) is testing in the same computer/drives etc.

I don't doubt you're right - but you don't seem to understand the drive region is set.

Unless you're saying both drives need to be set. In which case I can prove that by removing the one not set.
This would meet your criteria ?
However I'd like to hear argument why (whatever state drives are in) one disk causes this message where several/all others don't.
This (of course) is testing in the same computer/drives etc.
No, I'm done. You say the drive you provided the log for is set when I have shown you it is not. You have been told several times to check the region setting WITHOUT AnyDVD running. You apparently don't want to get this issue fixed, just continue saying the same things over and over.

You can copy hundreds of discs without the region being set, but eventually you will run across a disc where AnyDVD's brute force doesn't work and it uses the wrong set of keys due to not knowing the correct region. You say the other drive is showing the same issue and region is set, but you don't provide a log to verify that. You also say this drive is set, but most definitely is not, so I would find it hard to believe you about the other.

the drive region is set.
If AnyDVD HD reports that the drive region is not set, then it is not set.
Until you set it correctly (See "How To" in signature below), then you can expect problems...

If the drive region is set, AnyDVD can obtain decryption keys the "official" way, like a player software would. If not (or if the region code does not match), AnyDVD will attempt a brute force attack on every title set (which all can have different keys). As you have noticed, this usually works very well, although it may be time consuming (that's why there is a key archive).
If a title set is very short, e.g. only a menu with still frames, there might not be enough "beef" for a brute force attack, and you receive the warning.
If you copy "movie only" you can ignore this, unless it is a *very* short movie. ;)

Back