• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VUK for unknown discs uploaded?

thetoad

So as mentioned my primary method of using anydvd is to make ISO on a non bus encryption supporting in my linux boxes and then mount them on my windows box to use anydvd. This works when AnyDVD already knows the VUK, when it doesn't, I have to stick the disc into the windows box and for it to calculate the VUK and then I can use the image I made (much faster to use that than to read it off the disc again).

Does this help others? i.e. once AnyDVD calculated the VUK from my disc, would anyone else be just able to use a disc image (i.e. does AnyDVD upload the VUK to its own servers). Or differently, if I run into this, does it basically mean I was the first AnyDVD user to rip this disc?

Does this help others? i.e. once AnyDVD calculated the VUK from my disc, would anyone else be just able to use a disc image (i.e. does AnyDVD upload the VUK to its own servers). Or differently, if I run into this, does it basically mean I was the first AnyDVD user to rip this disc?
Yes and yes.

Back