• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved VPN With Anystream

MadMopar

I have searched (probably used wrong terms in search) and haven't found anything about VPN and AS, which I find strange.

I'm trying to open P+ and I only get an intl page with no log in. I had to split tunnel it.

This worked under NordVPN but doesn't seem to using PIA. I switched to PIA because I was having too many issues with my internal network with NordVPN and tech support really is lousy.

Thanks

AnyStream does not officially support VPNs, most VPN IPs are being blocked, and although some have had success, most do not. The Providers are blocking more and more every day.

Last week for the first time AP Canada blocked me when trying to use AS.

I set the VPN to Sweden or Norway (because it is not yet available in germany) and got the login page. After creating an account, I also had to use the VPN with AS, but once I was logged in, I never had to use the VPN again. Probably they saved the cookies and stuff on my Computer, so it skipped the region check and directly logged me in.
Just make sure to start VPN before AS and maybe you also have to change the region in the AS settings.

Works fine for me

What VPN do you use and what provider?

I set the VPN to Sweden or Norway (because it is not yet available in germany) and got the login page. After creating an account, I also had to use the VPN with AS, but once I was logged in, I never had to use the VPN again. Probably they saved the cookies and stuff on my Computer, so it skipped the region check and directly logged me in.
Just make sure to start VPN before AS and maybe you also have to change the region in the AS settings.

Looks like a couple of thing I can try. My issue is with Paramount+. AP and NF work fine.

AnyStream does not "support" VPN, simply because it does not need to: once a VPN is installed and active on a OS, all applications on a computer are using this VPN as default gateway, so does AnyStream - there is no other way "out". But AnyStream does support proxies, since a proxy does not act as default gateway - each application has to redirect the traffic to proxyip:roxyport by itself.

And yes, most streaming services try to determine if your are using a VPN, TOR or proxy. Some are more picky with it, some don't care. The reason for them to find out if you are using a VPN/proxy is not the "evil" AnyStream, it's just about "geo blocking". Licenses for content are always bound to regions, like North America, Latin America, Europe. They can be bound even to countries like Italy, UK, ecc.
So depending on the license agrrement a streaming service signed with a content provider, they are not allowed to give you access to content of another country.

Determine the type of the IP address (data center host, VPN, proxy, TOR, business, relay, residential IP) is super easy, the use services like maxmind.com or ipinfo.io, or they have their own database (Prime has this for sure). Technically, only residential IPs should be allowed. But there are also VPNs and proxies using residential IPs.

Here a list of free proxies you can use, I suggest to pick one with SOCKS5 protocol: https://geonode.com/free-proxy-list/
Examples to determine the ASN type of an IP address:
https://ipinfo.io/91.121.109.60 (a proxy server from the list above hosted by OVH in France, flagged as "Hosting" )
https://ipinfo.io/14.226.9.188 (a proxy server from the list above in Hanoi/Vietnam, flagged as "ISP". This would be a perfect proxy if you are looking for content in Vietnam :) :banghead:)

https://ipinfo.io/32.221.142.20 (a randomly picked IP address in the US, flagged as "ISP", which is a residential IP)

However, finding a non-blocked VPN/proxy is a daily challenge. Even if you found a working IP of any ASN type, it could/will be determined by unusual high traffic from one IP with different accounts, and blocked...

Last edited:
using nord with 'murican AP, HMAX, P+. HMAX gliitches a lot, both in browser and AS+, AP works just fine and P+ always logs me out and i always have to login. browsing is sluggish and speeds vary from 50mbit to 250mbit.

There are also flavors of VPN that do the split tunnel thing and allow you to just send certain applications over VPN. There are some routers that do the same. But I think this just causes issues with AS (or possibly could) because your app traffic goes over the tunnel but your DNS queries may not. This could result in you talking to AP Japan for example but since you are in the US your DNS queries happen in the US and you might get a US CDN and not one serving Japan. I think a number of things could go wrong there actually.

Actually, with Ver 1.4.5.0 the issue went away.

Using PIA. Disabled split-tunnel to test and opened AS and P+ loaded with no issue's (sofar anyway).

I guess one of the "minor fixes" took care of it.

Here's hoping it lasts after reading the last of Ivan's post. At least now I understand the issue.

Thanks Ivan.

Ivan was right (again). I paused PIA (which shut down that IP) and when I resumed the issue cam back. Spoke to soon.

Less popular VPN's will enable you to use AS in conjunction with it for longer periods of time before they find you out.

On a different note, i have had quite a few problems using the VPN split tunneling before in PIA...BUTi think i fixed it, i was able to download from AS and qbittorrent at the same time without being detected by AP, NF and company.

Here is the config i used (displayed in the screenshots below)

Basically i set the following

Anystream : bypass
All other apps : Use VPN
Name Servers : VPN DNS Only

in the Multi-Hop tab, i checked "Multi-Hop and Obfuscation" and i selected Shadowsocks, but you can use SOCKS5 if preferred

I am using a virtual machine to do this, but it should work regular on any windows machine, i have been running this 24/7 on my proxmox server

Hope this can help other users, i really like the software and i can't wait for crunchyroll to be added! (if it does)

EDIT : i also had to add all streaming services to my bypass list

NF : 54.160.93.182
AP : 162.219.225.118
P+ : 146.75.45.91
D+ : 184.31.205.119

EDIT : Also added a preview to show it is working.

Attachments

• Split Tunnel.png
    Split Tunnel.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Multi-Hop.png
    Multi-Hop.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 14
  • preview.png
    preview.png
    591.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back