• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Voice over and mkv not working

Captain550

Hello,
Sorry but I'm a newbie. I've got CloneBD and AnyDVDHD. I'm trying to rip the movie X-Men Origins - Wolverine to .MKV to use in my home media system. I've done several other discs without too many issues. Here's what I'm experiencing with this disc:

1. There's a voice over reading everything on the disc as it happens. i.e. "Pages flipping and a logo appears, it says Marvel". This voice narrates the entire time. I assume it's for the visually handicapped. I do not want this feature enabled in my rips but cannot find how to disable.

This is happening on all discs:

1. When I insert a disc, AnyDVDHD scans the disc and then I open CloneBD. I proceed through with the wizard selecting .mkv and the default audio. I select the feature film. Upon completion, I have an .mkv that will play on my pc but not my home media system. (Sony TV, receiver, BRD) networked via cable from Windows 7 media center. What I can do is run this rip through HandBreak and then they work fine.
I'm obviously missing something here and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answering my own question

Hello,
I figured out my first problem but still cannot simply insert a disc, run CloneBD and get it to work. I always need to run it through HandBrake.
Is there a FAQ step by step of a known working process?

Again, thanks in advance for any information. Or as in my previous post, lack there of...

Hello,
I figured out my first problem but still cannot simply insert a disc, run CloneBD and get it to work. I always need to run it through HandBrake.
Is there a FAQ step by step of a known working process?

Again, thanks in advance for any information. Or as in my previous post, lack there of...

There is so much wrong (released too soon?) that I think they are swamped. I had a support ticket and they stopped answering my questions. IMO shouldn't need 3 or 4 programs + CloneBD. Like one gentleman asked, if that's the case "what exactly does CloneBD do"? Last I looked it went unanswered. Why the need to make ISO's, use Imageburn etc. etc. CloneBD should do what they themselves said it does in their own description where you buy it, and it obviously does not. Should - and I believe intended - to work same as with standard DVD's, albeit much longer, but that's expected and OK. Fact is it just doesn't work as advertised yet. Anxiously awaiting the fix. Not even going to try anymore. Just not working and BluRay blanks too expensive to continue wishing and hoping when it just isn't ready. BTW, what is Handbrake?

Last edited:
There is so much wrong (released too soon?) that I think they are swamped. I had a support ticket and they stopped answering my questions. IMO shouldn't need 3 or 4 programs + CloneBD. Like one gentleman asked, if that's the case "what exactly does CloneBD do"? Last I looked it went unanswered. Why the need to make ISO's, use Imageburn etc. etc. CloneBD should do what they themselves said it does in their own description where you buy it, and it obviously does not. Should - and I believe intended - to work same as with standard DVD's, albeit much longer, but that's expected and OK. Fact is it just doesn't work as advertised yet. Anxiously awaiting the fix. Not even going to try anymore. Just not working and BluRay blanks too expensive to continue wishing and hoping when it just isn't ready. BTW, what is Handbrake?

Hello,
Handbrake does everything that CloneBD should be doing. Whenever I rip any disc to use in my home network, I run the rip through Handbrake. I've tried MakeMKV alone and the rips will not run on my equipment. I then take that rip and use Handbrake on it, it will work. It's slow and seems to me to be an extra step.
I too hope they can figure CloneBD out. I bought it assuming it would be a great product like their others, but wow!
I'm sorry for the Handbrake explanation but I'm not very good at any of this.

I had the same "voice over" issues with Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Got the voice over when playing file from disc but a bit bizarre when I transferred the file to my NAS box and streamed to my TV everything was OK. I'm glad I haven't bought the program yet as there are just too many steps and fed up with going through so many steps and ending in failure.:( Even a straight 1:1 backup takes ages when another well known (Monkey) program is much quicker and doesn't require other external software's .:confused:

Back