• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Vob to DVD ?

Cadaver

I'm a XP Media Center Edition user and - over at www.thegreenbutton.com - learned a new "trick" for quickly ripping original DVDs to my hard drive that will then be capable of being replayed from "My Videos" in the Media Center application on the PC and through an extender (in this case an Xbox 360) to my main LCD television in the living room. The whole process from DVD to playable video format takes about 20 to 30 minutes (compare THAT to ripping to WMV). One of the upsides of this method is that it will preserve 5.1 sound.

The process is this: (1) AnyDVD; (2) CloneDVDmobile (vob pass thru); rename the created file from "movie.vob" to "movie.mpg"; (3) use VideoReDo (Quickstream fix tool) to fix any problems (e.g., sync, etc.) that the file may have. And presto! You're done.

At the end of all this, I have two files: movie.mpg (which is simply the renamed vob file) and movie(2).mpg (which is the renamed vob file as fixed by VideoReDo and will play on "My Videos" in Media Center).

Now the question: Can CloneDVD2 (or anyother Slysoft product) take either of these files (movie.mpg or movie(2).mpg) and create a DVD from them with little or no muss and fuss?

Why? Because I can see the "benefits" of ripping DVDs to the hard drive that can be used as a "video jukebox" that will play nice with "My Videos" and my Xbox 360 extender. No need for the original physical DVD to be handled at all then. Although the file sizes are rather large (about 6 -7 gig), I can get about 30 movies on my WD "My Book" external drive ($80 after mail-in rebate). That breaks done to about $2.66 per movie - about the same cost as a DVD+R DL media.

But, for entertaining the tyke on a long car ride, using a physical DVD (not the original) that can be used and abused would be nice too.

True, I could simply re-rip the original DVD using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, but since it was already ripped once to the hard drive (to a vob file using CloneDVDmobile) - I'm just wondering if I could save that time/step.

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place, but since the rip process uses AnyDVD and CloneDVDmobile . . . and my question concerns what CloneDVD2 could do with the resulting files, I'm not sure exactly where to post this.

Cadaver

Back