• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VOB files playing faster than the original DVD

deldalton

Hello,

I recently downloaded the AnyDVD trial. I've created electronic copies of a multiple DVDs. I've discovered that when I play them, using Windows Media Center (that seems to be the only video application that plays the VOB files in the correct sequence), that they're played just slightly faster than the original DVDs playback.

I've tried updating video drivers and playing the VOBs on a different device but I'm having the same problem.

Is it likely that they were recorded at a faster speed than they should have been? Is there a setting in AnyDVD that I've overlooked that could have been the cause?

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Hello,

I recently downloaded the AnyDVD trial. I've created electronic copies of a multiple DVDs. I've discovered that when I play them, using Windows Media Center (that seems to be the only video application that plays the VOB files in the correct sequence), that they're played just slightly faster than the original DVDs playback.

I've tried updating video drivers and playing the VOBs on a different device but I'm having the same problem.

Is it likely that they were recorded at a faster speed than they should have been? Is there a setting in AnyDVD that I've overlooked that could have been the cause?

Many thanks.

Hi!
To correctly play a ripped DVD - you need to "play" the VIDEO_TS.IFO file.
The individual VOB's are not really meant to be played alone.
-W

Hi!
To correctly play a ripped DVD - you need to "play" the VIDEO_TS.IFO file.
The individual VOB's are not really meant to be played alone.
-W

Okay. Thank you.

I hope to clarify what it is I'm actually doing this evening then, and try the VIDEO_TS.IFO file you've mentioned. I can't be sure which file Windows Media Player is launching as it's found them automatically (which could mean that it is actually launching the VIDEO_FS.IFO file).

I'll check and let you know!

Hello,

Many thanks.

AnyDVD doesn't touch the audio. Any playback problems are going to be the player. What makes you think the audio is being played at a faster rate? Out of sync? Sure it's just not that it may be playing a little better since it is being played from the hard drive and not from the DVD (which may be subject to the DVD drive speed fluctuations)?

AnyDVD doesn't touch the audio. Any playback problems are going to be the player. What makes you think the audio is being played at a faster rate? Out of sync? Sure it's just not that it may be playing a little better since it is being played from the hard drive and not from the DVD (which may be subject to the DVD drive speed fluctuations)?

The audio isn't out of sync with the video playback. The whole file plays faster than the original DVD. I've checked my original post, and I didn't mention the audio at all ... :cool:

I've played the DVD on a PS3 system, while running the copy in Windows Media Center and the copy on my computer ends up overtaking the playback on the PS3.

I can't say that it's playing better. It is notably faster, and it's weird. People don't normally talk that fast ... :)

The audio isn't out of sync with the video playback. The whole file plays faster than the original DVD. I've checked my original post, and I didn't mention the audio at all ... :cool:

I've played the DVD on a PS3 system, while running the copy in Windows Media Center and the copy on my computer ends up overtaking the playback on the PS3.

I can't say that it's playing better. It is notably faster, and it's weird. People don't normally talk that fast ... :)

Check the original dvd on your pc. without anydvd and with dvd running. you will see, that anydvd has no influence on speed.

Back