• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VMWare issue

phunkysai

Hi, I have an unusual situation....

I'm using VMWare in Linux to try out CloneDVD...everything works fine except for being able to preview the different titles in CloneDVD's 'preview' window. I get a PictureViewer error. I assume this has something to do with the fact that I'm running Windows in a virtual environment, but I'm not sure where to begin troubleshooting.

I know it's not my hardware, because I have rebooted the machine into a real copy of Windows Vista (I run a dual-boot machine), and CloneDVD works perfectly. I can see previews of the titles and everything.

I am trying to get CloneDVD to work in the virtual Windows on Linux however, so that I can avoid rebooting my machine as much as possible. :)

So, where do I begin troubleshooting? What is driving the CloneDVD preview window - the one that shows previews of the titles so that I can select and deselect titles I don't want? Is it using DirectX or something? I am trying to figure out where VMWare may be lacking so that maybe I can post details to the VMWare forum so they can fix it.

So if anyone can tell me what technology or driver the preview window is using, that'd give me a direction to start troubleshooting. Like I said, I can continue forward and burn the DVDs just fine - the preview is the only thing not working.

Thanks!

it works fine for me with vmware server on fedora, i've had it running under virtualised xp pro and 2003 server.

i can only assume you haven't got vmware tools installed?

VMware tools

Yeah, I've got VMWare tools installed, so I don't know what the issue could be.

That's odd that you have it running just fine.

Ugh.

Back