• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Vista with Nero8 with AnyDVD problems

pjgig

This is my first post. Starting the year off with a new computer with Vista Home Premium. Also, purchased Nero 8 and and using Any DVD. All have been updated.
I have used the Nero 7, XP and Any DVD combination to Recode DVD movies.
I have read the most all the posts, but I can't find a solution.
AnyDVD seems to recognize the DVD, but when I start to import the files into Nero Recode, the screen is blank and it doesn't import/read. (excuse me if I am not using correct terms)
I tried to Rip Video to Hard Drive (as I have read in the forums) but I get an error.
I have attached the zip which includes one attempt at Recode and two attempts at Rip Video DVD to Hardrive.
Please help

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_24_DISC1.zip
    80.1 KB · Views: 7
My condolences on getting a PC with Vista.
Is the problem occurring with only one movie?

Use the ripper on anydvd then use recode to import the folder you just ripped I bet this will cure your problem.

I happens with more than one movie and I tried one of the DVD's that I used with my old system to make sure it was not the DVD issue.

I also tried the ripper to hard drive with no success.

I also tried the Nero 8 Recode Import DVD and it starts to import, then the screen goes blank.

what error do u get when u try to rip the dvd to hard drive with anydvd ripper?

I tried to Rip Video to Hard Drive (as I have read in the forums) but I get an error.

Which is?

Provide full error messages please.

By the way, there's nothing very exciting in terms of protection on this disc.
And your filters look fine.

There are no errors with Nero 8 Recode (just blank screens and nothing is converted)
This is the error that I get when I try AnyDVD Ripper

FileIO 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 0 229376

Here are the screen shots of Nero 8 Recode when I try My DVD Backup with AnyDVD. Normal screen is first, then I click on Import DVD
+EKj15izvmwnIJK9KaSyTQVXH824XnHn0300.jpg

This Analyzing screen pops up with enable video preview checked, then after a second or two of video the preview screen freezes and nothing is analyzed.
Di4X46qteLYFsO2OF+yLmmNUZXiL1fLj0240.jpg

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

as with ALOT of dvd's concerning transcoding with nero recode, it is BEST if u rip the movie to hard drive first with anydvd ripper, then input that into nero recode. that should take care of your problem.

There are no errors with Nero 8 Recode (just blank screens and nothing is converted)
This is the error that I get when I try AnyDVD Ripper

FileIO 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 0 229376

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

With Nero 8 installed I was not able to use AnyDVD Ripper. I was getting the same error FileIO 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 0 229376
I uninstalled Nero 8, then had to use the Nero General Clean tool from Nero's site to fully remove Nero 8.
I have AnyDVD Ripper working with my Vista, but I am still not sure if I can get Nero 8 working at the same time. I'm going to try a few things and if anyone has any other ideas, thanks in advance.

With Nero 8 installed I was not able to use AnyDVD Ripper. I was getting the same error FileIO 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 0 229376
I uninstalled Nero 8, then had to use the Nero General Clean tool from Nero's site to fully remove Nero 8.
I have AnyDVD Ripper working with my Vista, but I am still not sure if I can get Nero 8 working at the same time. I'm going to try a few things and if anyone has any other ideas, thanks in advance.

I have Nero 8 and Anydvd working perfectly fine on Vista 64 bit ultimate edition. I recommend running the scandisc test I mentioned earlier.

I have Nero 8 and Anydvd working perfectly fine on Vista 64 bit ultimate edition. I recommend running the scandisc test I mentioned earlier.

Webslinger - I will try the scandisc today, but AnyDVD Ripper works fine without Nero installed (tried with three different DVDs). I also tried installing only Nero Recode from Nero 7 and that is when AnyDVD Ripper fails (same error as before). Doesn't that lead to a setup/software issue?

Again, thanks for the help.

that leads to a software issue on YOUR pc. i have vista 64bit also with nero8 and anydvd both on my pc, and i cant duplicate the same problems u r getting, both work fine together for me. i suspect u r gettin a bad driver install with nero when u install it, conflicting with anydvd. try uninstalling them both, then install nero8 completely, then go back and install anydvd. make sure u r not installing nero INCD.

. Doesn't that lead to a setup/software issue?

Yes, it does.

It seems unlikely to me that you installed Incd, since you didn't have it on your system before (and since Nero 7 and 8 don't install it by default), but if you do, remove it.

You might also want to try Anydvd 6.3.0.8 beta: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=80022&postcount=1

Keep in mind logging should be disabled in that version of Anydvd and that the A.I. scanner should be set to "default".

If the problem persists I can take a look at your filters again if you post another .zip file, but I didn't notice a problem in your previous .zip file. Unless something has changed since then, I'm out of suggestions.

Last edited:
I uninstalled AnyDVD and Nero 8 as well as used Nero's General Cleaner Tool.
Reinstalled Nero 8 Version8.2.8.0 without INCD & then installed AnyDVD Beta 6.3.0.8
Bad news for me is that I have the same results as before: Nero Recode doesn't work and AnyDVD Ripper also not functioning.
Attaching the log from this last attempt.
Thanks to everyone for their post. Hope someone can help.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_EASTERN_PROMISES.zip
    73.8 KB · Views: 3
Bad news for me is that I have the same results as before: Nero Recode doesn't work and AnyDVD Ripper also not functioning..

Is it not functioning--or is it just giving you that read error message? And does that read error occur with all discs or just one disc in particular?

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.0.8 beta: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=80022&postcount=1
You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".
Also please ensure the A.I. scanner is set to default (click red fox icon-->navigate to "video dvd"-->"settings"-->"Automatic (default)")
And disable logging under "program settings").

3. Right click the red fox icon and select "rip video dvd to harddisk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You should then be able to import that rip into Recode.

Your filters look fine on that system.

Webslinger - You have solved my problem! Sort of...

What I had been doing previously is ...
Put DVD in
(I reset AnyDVD to default as well)
I start Nero Recode 3 - select Recode DVDs and Videos to Nero Digital
Import Files - select title that I want
Preview screen is black on importing and there is nothing shown in the compression ration. Basically, Nero is unable to import anything.

Now for the current Success action list!
Put DVD in
THEN AnyDVD is then reset to default
Import Files

Bottom line is when I clicked the Red Fox AnyDVD to Default, AFTER I started the Nero Recode and AFTER I selected Recode DVDs and Videos to Nero Digital, ONLY THEN I am able to Import and Recode.

If I reset the AnyDVD to Default before starting Nero Recode, I am unable to import the movie files.

Another option that worked is to not have AnyDVD start 1st (or running all the time) If I start Nero 1st, then start AnyDVD just before the importing, it imports the movie file.

I hope my description makes sense. It is not seemless but it works.

THANKS WEBSLINGER and All for the help!

Now for the current Success action list!
Put DVD in

Rip first with Anydvd ripper. Then remove the disc to ensure you're actually importing the rip--and not the original disc.

1. Put Dvd in.
2. Rip with Anydvd ripper.
3. Remove disc. (this step ensures you're not importing directly from the disc)
4. Start Nero Recode
5. Import rip with Recode

Also, don't have Recode running while using Anydvd ripper.

Back