Vista problem

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by Sparrowhawke, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Sparrowhawke

Sparrowhawke New Member

I have recently upgraded to Vista. I am running a Dell Inspiron 9400. When I use CloneDVD along with anyDVD I get the error message "Cannot obtain exclusive access to the drive." This happens when it has finished reading and I insert a blank DVD when asked. I hope someone can help with this.:confused:

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

I don't use Vista, so I'm not sure. However, it sounds to me as though this is an administrator/permissions issue in Vista.

1. Ensure you're logged in as administrator. "Or to run Anydvd as Administrator every time you run it in Windows Vista, simply goto the start menu, find Anydvd, right click on it, select “Properties”, then click on the compatibility tab and then under “Privilege Level” click the checkbox that says “Run this program as Administrator.” Now Vista will run Anydvd as Administrator each time you start it.

Now do this for all your Slysoft programs, including Clonedvd.

info taken from http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=24237&postcount=17

2. If User Account Control is active, you’ll need to allow the Slysoft programs to run at the elevated level. Do whatever you have to do to tell User Account Control to play nice with Slysoft. Disable User Account Control if you absolutely have to (but only do so as a last resort).

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  3. Sparrowhawke

Sparrowhawke New Member

Thanks

Thanks a bunch, that seems to have done it. No problems with the last few DVD's. Much apprectiated.:agree:

4. Webslinger

I'm glad everything's working for you.

5. pucker21

pucker21 New Member

Same Problem except XP Pro

I'm having the EXACT problem, except I'm not using Vista, I still have Windows XP Pro. I haven't had any problems until the latest patch for Any DVD 6.1.3.6. I don't understand, because there isn't a patch for Clone DVD.

When I look at the details it says the problem is in WinDVD Write 2 (something).

Any ideas?

6. Webslinger

You can not gain exclusive access to your drives?

7. pucker21

pucker21 New Member

I assume I can't cause this is the problem CloneDVD is giving right?

I tried doing the administrator check that was given in an earlier post, but it wasn't an option.

8. Webslinger

Until you give me a full error message, I have no idea. However, I strongly suggest your issue is not the same as Sparrowhawke's at all.

Answer http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9914 please (especially 3, 6,7,8,9)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008