Vista Media Player - Region Corrupted

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by coaluser, Apr 29, 2007.

1. coaluser

coaluser New Member

I installed AnyDVD, CloneDVD2 and Virtual CloneDrive (Vista 6.0 Home Premium on Compaq V6205NR). On first use AnyDVD hung. Windows Media Player now displays "Your system is set to DVD region 1. To play this DVD, set your system to region 1." Next window shows "Current Region: Not Selected" and issues a severely worded caution on the limited number of region changes (5). See Attached.

If this happens at each AnyDVD use WMP will soon stop. Advise How to fix.

Attached Files:

2. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Did you set your Region to Region 1?

3. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

If you're using XP: Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager/DVD-CDRom Drives. Right-click on the DVD you are using Properties/DVD Region. You can check and/or change the region here. It will warn you that you can only set or change it 5 times.

4. coaluser

coaluser New Member

Thanks for the replies. I will set the region. I am more worried that this is a defect in the SW and it will happen again and lock Media Player.

BTW - Does the copy process modify the DVD in any way?
    Notice to all - I am a very novice (but old) dvd user.

5. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

No. AnyDVD will make the back-up region free, but the back-up process does nothing to the burner or original. A lot of drives that you buy retail will come region free and you need to set it to your region. Those that come pre-installed generally have the region already set.

6. coaluser

coaluser New Member

I now have an easier mind. Thank all of you for your kindness. - Coaluser