• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Vista Hard Drive Playback

azumaniac

I know that the objective of most of you is to make DVD backups of movies. However, what I use AnyDVD for is building up a media server. I rip the movies to a hard drive storage array and play them back directly from the hard drive.

On my older XP based computer, I used AnyDVD to rip the movies 1:1 to hard disk, then by simply double-clicking on the VIDEO_TS.IFO file, I could launch the DVD playback with full menu functionality. On this machine, I typically used PowerDVD 6.0 for playback.

I decided I wanted a better media server, so recently I built a machine with a RAID 5.0, 1 tbyte array. Instead of Windows XP, I decided to give Vista 32-bit a spin......maybe that was my mistake. Anyway, after ripping the movies 1:1 to hard drive with AnyDVD, now I can't launch playback with the VIDEO_TS.IFO file. I have tried the new PowerDVD Ultra, VLC player, and the DIVX player for playback. They all just rapidly flash through playback of the menu sequence and quit. I can play back the individual .VOB files one at a time, but that is too much of a pain and I don't have menu functionality.

I was wondering if anyone else was playing movies back from hard disk on a Vista machine after ripping with AnyDVD? Any success? What is your approach? Any ideas why I am having playback problems all of the sudden with Vista? By the way, I am using AnyDVD build 6.1.3.3.

Back