• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VISTA: Bluray Icon association with Virtual Clone drive

bluemeanietsi

Hope this isn't out of line but I thought some other people might want this easy addition.

I've also included the icon that I use that was free from a free icon package.

One hitch to this is that all your ISO's will show this logo which for me doesn't matter bcause I only use ISOs of blurays on this PC.

Step 1: MAKE SURE YOU EXTRACT THE ICON FOLDER TO YOUR C:\PROGRAM FILES DIRECTORY!!!
You should end up with c:\program files\blurayicon\blue ray disk 2.ico

Step 2: Double click the registry entry to add the key so Vista can use the icon with the associated program. This key ONLY contains the value to add defaulticon entry to the VCD file association for ISO, there is nothing else contained in this entry.

Step 3: You will need to re-associate the Virtual Clone DRive program with the ISO files to get the system to refresh with the new registry entry. Just right click one of your ISO's, choose default program, select Vitrual Clone Drive, make sure "always open with" is selected and click ok. You should see your ISO icon change to the BluRay icon.

Hope some other people enjoy this, they look best when viewed as LARGE icons. I hve this on all 3 of my PCs at home and a friends as well.

Attachments

• blurayicon.zip
    132.7 KB · Views: 169
Ok I wasn't sure if it fit more here or with AnyDVD HD since It's mainly for Bluray. Good deal.

Here is what the icon looks like:

BlueRay2.png

I can't take credit for the icon it was included in a free pack I found, I just wanted to make it work with my ISO's.

Did anyone try it on Vista x64 ?

I'd imagine it would be no different, Vista handles icon types for programs in the registry, all I did was add the default icon key to the Virtual Clone Drive Reg entry since it doesn't do it by default. It should put it in the same place, the reason it won't work on XP is XP does not use REG based icon associations.

Back