• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

virus

I want it as soon as there is a vista 64 bit version available.

I'm in the information security field. From my experience, Zone Lab products are very thorough and effective. I had nothing but problems with Norton Internet Security 2006, and 2007.

I'm always open to opinions/suggestions though...

I'm in the information security field. From my experience, Zone Lab products are very thorough and effective. I had nothing but problems with Norton Internet Security 2006, and 2007.

I'm always open to opinions/suggestions though...

I currently just use AVG Free and windows firewall. I rather have zone though.

I'm in the information security field. From my experience, Zone Lab products are very thorough and effective.

Isn't Zonealarm made by Checkpoint now?

Yeah, the firewall product in Norton I've never liked.

October 2007 - Kaspersky Anti-Virus

Product name: Kaspersky Anti-Virus
More: October 2007 in full
Review: Kaspersky Anti-Virus on Netware 6.5
August 2007 - Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0.0.123

Product name: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0.0.123
More: August 2007 in full
Review: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0.0.123 on Windows Vista x64
June 2007 - Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0.2.621

Product name: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0.2.621
More: June 2007 in full
Review: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0.2.621 on Windows XP
April 2007 - Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Linux 5.5.9

Yup, good thing I'm using 7.x :)

Well, yeah . . .
But presumably both products are using the same virus definitions.

And according to Virus Bulletin, Norton has one of the best track records for detecting viruses with 40 successes and 6 failures (8 no entries) since 1998.

Kaspersky has 40 Success / 14 Failure (0 no entries) since 1998.

A lot of people slag Norton/Symantec Antivirus, but I'm not seeing a lot of evidence from independent test sites to support that claim. In fact, I'm seeing quite the opposite. This doesn't imply Norton/Symantec Antivirus isn't a resource hog, but it's not failing tests recently that others are.

http://www.virusbtn.com/index

Virust Bulletin's testing has been around now for ahwile.

This also doesn't mean I'm going to be buying Symantec Antivirus anytime soon either. I'm just saying I'm not sure all the negativity towards the product is deserved.
I actually don't believe they use the same signatures. At least they didn't used to. And that's the thing, the corporate version was solid with very little resource use. The home version is INSANE for the amount of resources it took up. I'll grant you this, however, it DID keep my mom's machine clean of viruses and spyware. I can't really complain about that. But OMG did it make that machine SLOW. Kaspersky is the best of both worlds, IMO. Of course, if you want what I consider the best, you'll have to suffer with a crappy interface which is why I don't use it. That would be NOD. Truly top notch. Nonetheless, I could run a machine with NO AV and still not get infected. That's simply because I'm extremely anal when it comes to security of my machine. The guys I work with used to laugh at me when I first started working there cause I was so rigid about my security practices. That was before a worm ripped through our corporate network and shut the entire company down. I wasn't infected or bothered by it in the least. They stopped laughing shortly after that. :)

Anyone hear anything about Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite 7? I love it...it found things that Norton never found. The anti-virus is supposed to be fueled by Kaspersky. I'm just wondering people's thoughts...8)

I tried ZA IS 7 when it first got released as Vista compatible and had some issues with it. Hence I went with Kaspersky directly. From what I've read, it's improved greatly since then and is now considered to be mostly stable. The Kaspersky AV engine really is good. Yes, I read Webslinger's link about it failing on a couple tests, but, most AV products do at one point or another. None of them is perfect.

The home version is INSANE for the amount of resources it took up.

I definitely did witness that with older versions on people's systems, which is one reason why I try to avoid using it. Another thing that Norton Antivirus did that bugged me was that, at one point, if you downloaded a trojan, it could just sit there forever on someone's system without Norton complaining about it. The only way Norton would complain/detect it is if 1) you scanned the file or 2)if the trojan tried to became active. Norton would work if you needed it to, but it seems to me that it would be best not the have the file on your system in the first place. I think that's changed now as well in Norton, but I remember thinking, "uhh, I think I'd rather have my antivirus program check files immediately after I download them".

Kaspersky seems the same on resources too I think this is why I want ZA instead when a 64 bit vista version comes out if ever.

I definitely did witness that with older versions on people's systems, which is one reason why I try to avoid using it. Another thing that Norton Antivirus did that bugged me was that, at one point, if you downloaded a trojan, it could just sit there forever on someone's system without Norton complaining about it. The only way Norton would complain/detect it is if 1) you scanned the file or 2)if the trojan tried to became active. Norton would work if you needed it to, but it seems to me that it would be best not the have the file on your system in the first place. I think that's changed now as well in Norton, but I remember thinking, "uhh, I think I'd rather have my antivirus program check files immediately after I download them".

That doesn't seem....useful to me. :) I'd rather have them scanned as they're downloaded, as well.

Does this person not know????

AnyDVD 6184 posts a virus warning with all of my virus scanners. 6174 works fine. Uninstall 6184, but retain registration information and then reinstall 6174. Slysoft obviously needs to debug 6184.

Does this person not know that you should not run more then one anti virus software at a time and most will not let you install more then one. I have McAfee 2008 and have had no problems with any Slysoft program. I bet that they did not download it from Slysoft or the crack that they are using has a virus in it. That is why you buy it....

Back