• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive and Windows 7

Registered just now to give you props for working hard on getting CloneDrive to run well on Windows 7. I wish I had heard of this software sooner otherwise I would have not spent a bundle on Alcohol-soft's 120 that comes with less support and developers who aren't even willing to work with the community. You guys have won me over for all my Dvd emulation needs. Keep up the good work!

So bottom line even it does not say in release notes, the latest 5.4.2.5 supports Win7 7000? Must have grabbed an old ver. first time. Strange those other guys (with the lite/ads) are bashing those using win7, closing threads and dragging feet. Still far superior and FREE! And M$ thinks so too and comes here to help? You guys rock.

Last edited:
Still same problem in 5.4.5.0

Hello all,

I have the same problem here.

Hardware:
HP EliteBook 8450W
8 GB RAM
i7 Q740 1.73 GHz
500GB SATA HD

Software:
Windows 7 64-bit
VCD 5.4.5.0

I am also accessing an 8 GB ISO-file located on a SAMBA-Share.
The page file and the memory usage grows until its maximum (cache usage), then the computer is nearly "dead", it is still working but realy slowly.
I used the "workaround" to copy the ISO-file to the local harddisk and then mount it ... in this situation, there is no special cache usage. But this is not the sense of a server in the network with all ISO-files on it ;-)

Is there any fix available?

BR,
Lousek

Virtual Clone Drive Installation

If you can’t get the movie to mount in Windows 7 using Virtual ClonedDrive try uninstalling the software. Then go to Start and in the search window type UAC (user access control settings). Push the lever to never notify and reboot your computer. Reinstall the software and then the movie should mount. Don’t forget to go back to the UAC and turn the original setting back on. It will require a reboot to reestablish the security settings. You must be the administrator of your computer to do this operation. This method will work with any software that you have trouble installing. I’m using Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit, but this should work with all versions.

VCD eating up all available memory when mounted via SMB

Hello all,

I have the same problem here.

Hardware:
HP EliteBook 8450W
8 GB RAM
i7 Q740 1.73 GHz
500GB SATA HD

Software:
Windows 7 64-bit
VCD 5.4.5.0

I am also accessing an 8 GB ISO-file located on a SAMBA-Share.
The page file and the memory usage grows until its maximum (cache usage), then the computer is nearly "dead", it is still working but realy slowly.
I used the "workaround" to copy the ISO-file to the local harddisk and then mount it ... in this situation, there is no special cache usage. But this is not the sense of a server in the network with all ISO-files on it ;-)

Is there any fix available?

BR,
Lousek

Hi,

The same goes with me. But i only have that problem since around the second week of February 11. At first it appeared on my HTPC running Vista HP32 and then during research i discovered it on my Notebook (Vista HP32) and my Desktop (W7 HP64) too. It only shows up when an image is mounted via a network share!
The original Problem was that while playing BD images with PowerDVD from my server the playback got stuck after 10..15 minutes and my HTPC began the "swap of death" because there was no mem left to work with...

I found out that while copying large files out of the image to a local HD for example, the ammount of used memory continues to rise steadily - until 100% is reached. Then a read or write error occures which isn't real actually. The memory stayes allocated until anydvd is disabled (in case it's running) or until VCD is disabled. So anydvd isn't a problem here. I even tried to uninstall my virus scanner and it didn't help so far. The VCD update from March didn't change anything there.
The next step was to uninstall all the Windows updates and other updates from the begining of February on - that didn't help either...
The most disturbing thing was my last test. I rolled back to a backup image from September 10 and discovered the problem was still there! But in September 10 i didn't had it... Very strange.

So from there on, i have to copy all images to the local HD prior to view them - which is really annoying.
After all the many hours, i spent to narrow down the source of this issue it would be great if someone could post a solution...

Regards

Hi,

The same goes with me. But i only have that problem since around the second week of February 11. At first it appeared on my HTPC running Vista HP32 and then during research i discovered it on my Notebook (Vista HP32) and my Desktop (W7 HP64) too. It only shows up when an image is mounted via a network share!
The original Problem was that while playing BD images with PowerDVD from my server the playback got stuck after 10..15 minutes and my HTPC began the "swap of death" because there was no mem left to work with...

I found out that while copying large files out of the image to a local HD for example, the ammount of used memory continues to rise steadily - until 100% is reached. Then a read or write error occures which isn't real actually. The memory stayes allocated until anydvd is disabled (in case it's running) or until VCD is disabled. So anydvd isn't a problem here. I even tried to uninstall my virus scanner and it didn't help so far. The VCD update from March didn't change anything there.
The next step was to uninstall all the Windows updates and other updates from the begining of February on - that didn't help either...
The most disturbing thing was my last test. I rolled back to a backup image from September 10 and discovered the problem was still there! But in September 10 i didn't had it... Very strange.

So from there on, i have to copy all images to the local HD prior to view them - which is really annoying.
After all the many hours, i spent to narrow down the source of this issue it would be great if someone could post a solution...

Regards

Same here. Mounted an DVD ISO image over Samba. When reading from it mem usage increases until it hits the installed RAM size and then starts swapping so the PC gets unuseable. Reinstalling VCD (removing the driver) frees the allocated memory.

Windows 7 x64
VCD 5.4.5.0

Strange thing is that I didn't have this problem before I reinstalled Windows a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember which version of VCD I was running then though, probably 5.4.4.0.

BTW: Is there someplace I can find earlier releases of VCD? I'd like to try with 5.4.4.0 and test.

UPDATE:
I found VCD 5.4.4.0 by googling. Tried it and it does not exhibit the mem leak problem.
Summary:
VCD 5.4.5.0 => memory leak
VCD 5.4.4.0 => OK

Last edited:
UPDATE:
I found VCD 5.4.4.0 by googling. Tried it and it does not exhibit the mem leak problem.
Summary:
VCD 5.4.5.0 => memory leak
VCD 5.4.4.0 => OK

Hi,

i tested again with 5.4.4.0 and the problem was gone too. The strage thing is that i had the problem before with 5.4.4.0 from February on and then onwards with 5.4.5.0 in March or so...

Now is it a VCD or a Windows problem?

BTW: i use W7HP64 on my desktop and VistaHP32 on my HTPC. Both reacted the same way.

Result after the second test on my HTPC:

It´s working again!

Here´s what i did:
- uninstalled VCD 5.4.5.0
- reboot
- installed VCD 5.4.4.0
- test -> failed
- removed the ckeckmark on "Buffered I/O"
- reboot
- test -> worked!

Last edited:
I confirm this behavior in both Win 7 64 and Vista 32 on 5.4.5.0.

Working in 5.4.4.0 with buffered IO off

Just Recently...

I started having issues mounting .iso files. Currently running 5.4.4.0, I have tried everything in this forum so far with no success. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas not yet mentioned?

HP G60 Laptop
Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit, SP 1
3 GB RAM
Pentium T4200 dual core @\ 2 GHz
Intel Graphics chip

Currently running 5.4.4.0, I have tried everything in this forum so far with no success. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas not yet mentioned?

You could update to the newest beta version 5.4.5.0 and see if the problem persists ;)

Result after the second test on my HTPC:

It´s working again!

Here´s what i did:
- uninstalled VCD 5.4.5.0
- reboot
- installed VCD 5.4.4.0
- test -> failed
- removed the ckeckmark on "Buffered I/O"
- reboot
- test -> worked!

I can confirm that 5.4.4.0 does not exhibit the same "memory leak" bug as 5.4.5.0 on Windows 7 64-bit. All I did was uninstall 5.4.5.0, grab 5.4.4.0 from oldapps, install and test. Memory creeped up to 3GB, then leveled off at 2.8GB.

This is an 8GB system and the 15GB ISO is on a Samba share to my file server. On 5.4.5.0, VCD seemed to be using as much cumulative memory as the files it unpacked, as if it never released the copy buffer when the files were copied. 5.4.4.0 also seems a little faster for some reason.

FWIW, even with the memory issue, I've still had better luck with VCD than Daemon tools on 64-bit Windows 7! DT and SPTD gave me PTSD.

Back