• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.4.3 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Please try this version:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupVirtualCloneDrive5443.exe

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.4.3: 2011 1 15
- New: Improved DVD/HD-DVD/BD emulation
- New: Added help menu to notification icon
- New: Notification icon can be changed by the user
- New: Support for harddisks with very large physical sectors (> 2048 bytes)
- Some minor changes and improvements
- Updated languages

WOW, James you guys ROCK!!! Thanks so much for the continued support.

I would buy a slysoft player and ditch PDVD the day you announce the availability.

Thanks Again!!!

I preferred the old systray icon. My taskbar is black and the new icon fades into the darkness. The old icon may have been boring to some but you couldn't miss it. I guess I'm being picky but I may swap out the old icon for the new one which is a pain.

I do have 2 suggestions/feature requests:

• Have the systray VCD icon change image or change in colour if images are mounted versus no images mounted.
  • The ability to mouse-over the systray icon and have it tell you how many images are mounted without having to right-click. Have it be similar to when you mouse-over the AnyDVD systray icon.

Nice work on the improved emulation for mounted images.

I preferred the old systray icon. My taskbar is black and the new icon fades into the darkness. The old icon may have been boring to some but you couldn't miss it. I guess I'm being picky but I may swap out the old icon for the new one which is a pain.

No pain, it is easy:
Delete (or rename) VCDDaemon.ico from the Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive directory. Or replace it with something you like.

EDIT:
- New: Notification icon can be changed by the user

Last edited:
No pain, it is easy:
Delete (or rename) VCDDaemon.ico from the Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive directory. Or replace it with something you like.

EDIT:

I'm blind, apparently. ;)

Thanks, that should be easy enough. :) I just noticed the icon file. I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Thanks for the update, however PDVD still gives me an Unsupported Error. If i revert to an older version/revision (10.0.1830.51) I do not have this issue. If there are any logs created anywhere i would gladly post them.. Also, could the way Imgburn creates a ISO be a cause? Maybe something has changed in his newer versions? I know this isnt a Imgburn forum, im just wondering thats all.

Thanks

Thanks for the update, however PDVD still gives me an Unsupported Error. If i revert to an older version/revision (10.0.1830.51) I do not have this issue. If there are any logs created anywhere i would gladly post them.. Also, could the way Imgburn creates a ISO be a cause? Maybe something has changed in his newer versions? I know this isnt a Imgburn forum, im just wondering thats all.

Thanks

Which OS? Is this an protected/unprotected image? Is AnyDVD HD running?

sorry should have posted that info..

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
AnyDVD 6.7.7.0
VCD 5.4.4.3

Using this update package from Cyberlink-
CyberLink.2429(Ultra_Free_DVD101223-01

The image was created by Imgburn, and is unprotected. Tried playing with ANYDvd enabled/disabled, different unprotected images. The only thing i havent tried is a protected image, which I will try when i close out this post. I am also in the process locating software to reimage an ISO incase Imgburn's IMP ID is blacklisted.

Update. Something wierd ive just noticed, when goin into the settings of PDVD, i have 0 times to change the regions now, but before i updated i had 5.. So there is no region selected at the moment and I cant seem to get it off 0

Last edited:
sorry should have posted that info..

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
AnyDVD 6.7.7.0
VCD 5.4.4.3

Using this update package from Cyberlink-
CyberLink.2429(Ultra_Free_DVD101223-01

The image was created by Imgburn, and is unprotected. Tried playing with ANYDvd enabled/disabled, different unprotected images. The only thing i havent tried is a protected image, which I will try when i close out this post. I am also in the process locating software to reimage an ISO incase Imgburn's IMP ID is blacklisted.

Update. Something wierd ive just noticed, when goin into the settings of PDVD, i have 0 times to change the regions now, but before i updated i had 5.. So there is no region selected at the moment and I cant seem to get it off 0
Are you sure this problem is related to VCD? Do original discs play?

I was gone tonite but I will try a real disc later on.. And i'll be more thorough to not waste anyones time if this is a PDVD issue and not VCD/ANYDVD..

Thanks

This turned out to be a powerdvd issue, the update hosed the install. I apologize for wasting everyones time..

Installing VCD 5443

Can you tell me if I can install VCD v5443 over top of the installed v5440 that I am currently using - or do I need to uninstall any previous version before installing the new one

Thanks

Sure u can, like any other setup. Just install right over the old one.

DAA Support?

Any possibility of getting DAA support in the new release? I don't get them often but every once in a while. :bowdown:

Any possibility of getting DAA support in the new release? I don't get them often but every once in a while. :bowdown:

What is DAA?

@cityguy
DAA is all but a common format.
I suggest to convert to ISO (with DAA2ISO) or simply use the app the DAA image was made with, namely PowerISO.
Just my two cents ;)

Back