• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.3.5 beta

Aratar really nailed it.
virtual clone drive is awesome, the only thing missing is :
1. .bin + .cue support.
2. .nrg support.
any chance we might see theses added at some point ?
Thanks.

Aratar really nailed it.
virtual clone drive is awesome, the only thing missing is :
1. .bin + .cue support.
2. .nrg support.
any chance we might see theses added at some point ?
Thanks.

And 3. .mds + iso support.

Greets and thank you :).

Last edited:
.dvd file?

I'm sure this question has come up 1e6 times, but trying to search these forums for "dvd file" is pretty useless. What does VCD do with the .dvd file that AnyDVD-HD creates? I have .dvd file creation turned off and everything seems to work fine for me (what happened to the applause emoticon? I don't see it). What am I missing out on by not creating it?

Thanks,
--Myles

win 7 support? Win7 reports
incompatibilities with this software

First of all, I'm a fan of VCD and it is my default choice on all the systems.

However, there's a quite serious problem with the current version (inclusive of these beta!). it does not support NEW .mdf format!

Worth noting though that the VCD developers are good indeed, congratulations, as VCD at least just rejects the file, whilst both bleeding edge builds of MagicISO and UltraISO raise an exception and crash on attempt to open such a file.

it's a major nuisance, I've just had to install another program in addition to my favorite VCD just because of such an issue...

Looking forward to VCD proper mdf support in the nearest future :)

However, there's a quite serious problem with the current version (inclusive of these beta!). it does not support NEW .mdf format!

That never will be supported, and mdf is not new at all. That's a proprietary Daemon Tools (also licensed to Alcohol 120%) format mostly used with support of certain copy protections (along with mds files). VCD has nothing to do with emulating copy protections. That's what Game Jackal is for.

I've just had to install another program in addition to my favorite VCD just because of such an issue

Ah well, now you have SPTD installed, a leading cause of drives producing slow rips with many applications.

Last edited:
That never will be supported, and mdf is not new at all. That's a proprietary Daemon Tools (also licensed to Alcohol 120%) format mostly used with support of certain copy protections (along with mds files). VCD has nothing to do with emulating copy protections. That's what Game Jackal is for.
I made it bold for a purpose:p it is new but not mdf per se, but a new version (apparently, as I'm not really aware of mdf or indeed any other format development, besides I consider most such formats totally redundant). As I said , that particular file gets even august 2009 build of UltraISO to raise an exception on opening. It could be called a random error but trouble is that file is rejected pretty much anywhere else I tried (with the obvious exception of DT/Alcohol where it works nicely) like MagicISO, mdf2iso etc. As I mentioned above, I'm glad VCD doesn't crash and nicely just rejects the file. it could be just a minor change in format or some kind of a new option implemented.

As for the .mdf support... Well, :rolleyes: don't tell anyone but VCD has supported .mdf format for years probably :)

I made it bold for a purpose:p it is new but not mdf per se, but a new version

What are you talking about specifically? What produces this spanking new mdf format? DT 4 isn't brand new. It's been out for awhile. Certainly there have been changes, but the changes have been existence for awhile afaik.

As for the .mdf support... Well, :rolleyes: don't tell anyone but VCD has supported .mdf format for years probably :)

And Virtual Clonedrive hasn't been able to properly mount/handle my .mdf/.mds files produced by Alcohol/DaemonT for years. So what are you talking about? And where did you get this file from/how was it produced?

Sure, mdf is a container, but if you're expecting protection emulation for that container, it's not happening with VCD. The DPM measurement stuff for Securom was never supported by VCD and never will be, so I fail to see the point. That is, if MDS isn't supported, then what's the point?

And if your situation does not apply to protection purposes, then just use .iso with VCD

And I doubt Elaborate Bytes is going to pay Daemon Tools for access to its file format. DT isn't just going to give up info to Elaborate Bytes just because you want it to happen.

Last edited:
What are you talking about specifically? What produces this spanking new mdf format? DT 4 isn't brand new. It's been out for awhile. Certainly there have been changes, but the changes have been existence for awhile afaik.
I'm not certain. I'm not a hacker or reverse engineer to see what's wrong with the file ;) As I mentioned before, some other software even crashes attempting to open that file. And that software is image editing, not emulation, so emulation per se shouldn't be a problem.

Can you tell me any tool which would analyze mdf files? Though I guess due to format restrictions there's isn't any....

Sure, mdf is a container, but if you're expecting protection emulation for that container, it's not happening with VCD. The DPM measurement stuff for Securom was never supported by VCD and never will be so I fail to see the point. That is, if MDS isn't supported, then what's the point?
Yop, it's a pity mds is not supported, however VCD does mount many .mdf files directly.

And I doubt Elaborate Bytes is going to pay Daemon Tools for access to its file format. DT isn't just going to give up info to Elaborate Bytes just because you want it to happen.
Of course! I never implied anybody should pay for a licence to use any formats, in fact I'm open format supporter (i.e. i'm against proprietary formats per se, like I don't support mp4/avi and use mkv instead). #

But, can you please tell me, have UltraISO, ISOpen, MagicISO developers paid their licence fee for mdf format? I rather doubt so...

I'm not certain. I'm not a hacker or reverse engineer to see what's wrong with the file

DT changed the version/format a little to keep people from basically stealing it based on what I've been told.

As I mentioned before, some other software even crashes attempting to open that file. And that software is image editing, not emulation, so emulation per se shouldn't be a problem.

see above

DT didn't give anyone other than Alcohol permission to use it, as far as I know.

Can you tell me any tool which would analyze mdf files? Though I guess due to format restrictions there's isn't any

You're going to reverse engineer the latest version of mdf? Sorry, that's beyond the purview of my helping to support VCD. Besides which, it's DT's proprietary format, and I don't have DT's permission to help people support it in their programs.

Yop, it's a pity mds is not supported, however VCD does mount many .mdf files directly.

Yeah, but without .mds support, what's the point? If I'm just mounting an mdf, it's like mounting an .iso. VCD is never going to support game protection emulation.

But, can you please tell me, have UltraISO, ISOpen, MagicISO developers paid their licence fee for mdf format? I rather doubt so...

Exactly. While I may be mistaken, I don't believe they ever had permission, and that's why mdf has changed. But this change is not brand spanking new.

Last edited:
DT changed the version/format a little to keep people from basically stealing it based on what I've been told.

Yeah, but without .mds support, what's the point? If I'm just mounting an mdf, it's like mounting an .iso. VCD is never going to support game protection emulation.

Exactly, and with that file, even that doesn't work. I.e. VCD doesn't recognize that...

Though it is not a big problem of course. I this functionality quite rarely. I've uninstalled Alcohol again :)

But this change is not brand spanking new.
Possible. But neither of the developers (I mean UltraISO [august 2009 build] or MagicISO[spring 2009 build]) is aware about it. Otherwise aforementioned software would decline opening the file, not raise an exception :) Though it is possible they just don't care :))

Last edited:
In Windows 7 64 Bit, the icon does not want to show in the tray area. Is this normal behavior becuse of 64 bit?

I just wanted to add my voice to those hoping for full cue/bin support. The majority of my disc images are in either bin/cue format, or Blindwrite's BWA/BWS/BWI/BWT format. I can convert images in the latter format. Full bin/cue support is really my tipping point. I know it's a free product and I really appreciate the work put into it! I'd love to be able to leave behind DT and use VCD full time, so I can finally remove the STPD driver. :)

Back